GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,413
1 members and 1,412 guests
Titchou

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

WTF, CSA? Or, Recipe ideas for Community Supported Agriculture Farm Shares

A CSA is the typical way in Chicago to refer to a "farm share" or Community Supported Agriculture. Basically, you buy a "share" or a "half share" of a farm, and you get fresh veggies and fruits (and sometimes meats and cheeses!) all summer long for free. It's a "thing" in Chicago - lots of people who work in buildings in the Loop participate, because the farms will drop your veggies off at your office building if enough people in one building sign up for the same one.

So, this our first year doing a CSA. Live-in and I have had our eyes opened up to Sunchokes, Kohlrabi, and 80 different ways to prepare Kale, and we'll be doing more as the summer continues.

I can't be the only one here doing a CSA this summer. So, what are your favorite recipes for things that aren't the staple veggies (broccoli, asparagus, lettuce, cabbage, etc.)?

This week we've been eating a Kohlrabi and Apple Slaw that's been great with all our summer dishes. I also did roasted Sunchokes once (not that awesome), and diced Sunchokes on salads.