GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,493
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Tc2287
» Online Users: 1,837
2 members and 1,835 guests
Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 11-01-2012, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpimiz View Post
I'm sure it's been posted here already, but I don't really want to go back several pages and look. Opinions on "Argo"? It looked great in the previews.
I posted about it earlier. Loved it! Great movie.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to see Flight 2012. I've been waiting for this one. Any movie with Denzel Washington in it is gonna be a winner.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Saw Skyfall yesterday and it was AWESOME!!!!!

One of the most complicated villan in Bonds universe.

Just an awesome movie.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post

Just an awesome movie.
Definitely a must see, for me.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Just an awesome movie.
I just looked to see if it was playing, and it isn't, here. Did you have some kind of pass to see it early?
Old 11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got back from seeing "Flight". Is was SO good. Denzel Washington definitely should get an Academy Award for this movie. "Flight" and "Argo" are definitely two of the best movies I've seen all year, so far. A definite 6 stars out of 5. Great movie and a must see.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I just got back from seeing "Flight". Is was SO good. Denzel Washington definitely should get an Academy Award for this movie. "Flight" and "Argo" are definitely two of the best movies I've seen all year, so far. A definite 6 stars out of 5. Great movie and a must see.
We saw Flight over the weekend. I feel you, it was good. Did you think dude should have gone to jail, though? Dude was upfront and honest, so I just think his pilot's license should have been taken away. I actually thought about that movie a few hours after I saw it, just based on how folks like to lie and hide the truth in a court of law.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
I just looked to see if it was playing, and it isn't, here. Did you have some kind of pass to see it early?
I'm in Indonesia, and it started Wednesday last week. Guess Asian countries get the first shot.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm in Indonesia, and it started Wednesday last week. Guess Asian countries get the first shot.
It was out in most West/North European countries as well. Premiered last week.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Phi 1963 View Post
We saw Flight over the weekend. I feel you, it was good. Did you think dude should have gone to jail, though? Dude was upfront and honest, so I just think his pilot's license should have been taken away. I actually thought about that movie a few hours after I saw it, just based on how folks like to lie and hide the truth in a court of law.
lol
You totally spoiled this movie for people who want to see it. I know, it happens, I've slipped before, too.

To answer your question, yes, he should have gone, and I think his attorney should have gone to prison with him. I respected him for telling the truth (and I cried when he did, so sad. I cry easily ) but he did it to himself. Your life belongs to you, and no one can make you do anything to make your life work or cause it to fail. However, your mistakes and failings can be your greatest teachers if you accept their lessons, as he demonstrated in the movie. He knew what his problem was, and he knew he had to do something to fix it in order to change his life. He killed two birds with one stone by coming clean. You have to know you need direction in order to receive it, which means you have to be willing to admit your weaknesses, shortcomings and failures. That's what it all boils down to.

Honestly, and this is just my opinion, but people lie in court all the time, sometimes including the attorney representing the liar. It seems (to me) to be more about winning (wrong or right) the case and about money, when it should be about what's morally right/doing the right thing, based on character.

Quote:
I'm jealous.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 11-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
lol
You totally spoiled this movie for people who want to see it. I know, it happens, I've slipped before, too.
LOL folks don't have to read.

Quote:
Your life belongs to you, and no one can make you do anything to make your life work or cause it to fail. However, your mistakes and failings can be your greatest teachers if you accept their lessons, as he demonstrated in the movie. He knew what his problem was, and he knew he had to do something to fix it in order to change his life. He killed two birds with one stone by coming clean. You have to know you need direction in order to receive it, which means you have to be willing to admit your weaknesses, shortcomings and failures. That's what it all boils down to.
This is on point. I feel you.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Banned

I don't have any other movies on my list that I would want to peep, but my girl, for whatever reason wants to see "Wreck it Ralph". WTF?
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Phi 1963 View Post
This is on point. I feel you.
There were a couple of things that I didn't understand. 1.) Why did they need a $100.00 bill instead of a $20.00 bill to sniff cocaine? 2.) Why was cocaine needed after the binge drinking? Does it offset the hangover or something? I don't drink or use drugs, nor do I read about it, so I have no clue.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Woohoo! "Skyfall" starts tonight at midnight.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Stop with all the "Flight" spoilers!

@~/~~~~