GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,263
3 members and 1,260 guests
JayhawkAOII, lauralaylin, PGD-GRAD

Old 02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I once suddenly woke up out of a deep sleep because a ghost farted in my ear. Ew!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Good "Ghost Stories"....

Almost straight out of Sixth Sense....but....my nephew talks spirits and he has since he learned to talk. He is almost 10 now. I could tell you some great stories from when he was little. It could fill a few pages here.

Also our family has been adopted by a spirit. We know her name, and who she was in her earthly incarnation and where she is buried nearby my parents house. She is a delightful, completely benevolent and grandmotherly type, who especially enjoys the grandkids my parents have...and playing tricks just so we know she is around.

The looks I get on some peoples face when I tell them stories about my nephew and "Bertie". they think I have cracked up.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

*note to self: do not visit sageofages' family*
Old 02-25-2008, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I watch Paranormal State. I enjoy it.. but I love all of those shows. I'm also on a Scariest Places on Earth bulletin board and have to point out that it is back on, on the Sci Fi channel, Tuesday nights.

ETA: There is a group petitioning Sci Fi to get them to bring SPOE back into production. They are showing the original shows, in the order that they aired.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved Scariest Places On Earth! I do hope they bring that back - it was very entertaining. "A Haunting" that comes on Discovery Channel is good too but it's dramatizations of actual, documented cases (and not a reality-type show).

I'm sorry but I can not get into Paranormal State. It's hard to explain or put into words but it just isn't "right". I can not watch it at all.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Am I the only one who watches the paranormal show on A&E?
Yes! Silly me, of course I watch it at 10pm by myself after the hubby goes to sleep. Then go to take a shower and freak myself out by thinking I'm going to see apparitions behind the curtain or in the foggy mirror! I'm like, if something paranormal hasn't happened by now in my house, it probably won't anytime soon. But I'll never say never!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
Yes! Silly me, of course I watch it at 10pm by myself after the hubby goes to sleep. Then go to take a shower and freak myself out by thinking I'm going to see apparitions behind the curtain or in the foggy mirror! I'm like, if something paranormal hasn't happened by now in my house, it probably won't anytime soon. But I'll never say never!
LOL. It becomes a mind over matter thing after awhile. You're waiting to hear or see something and then your mind eventually obliges.

That show spends more time cracking me up with the older dude with the earrings but it does have some interesting background stories sometimes.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
*note to self: do not visit sageofages' family*

Seriously....I watched a baby bottle float across the room (at least 5 feet) from the dresser where I put it, to my daughter in her crib screaming her head off she wanted it. I was trying to get her jammies out of the dresser and daughter was going to have to wait to get the bottle. I guess Bertie just didn't want to see the little heart breaking.

Freaked the heck out of me (you should have heard me shriek for my family).....but after a while...you get used to *weird* stuff like that all the time. Bertie is a wonderful spirit really.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Athens, Ohio is supposed to be incredibly haunted. My sorority house in particular was supposed to be haunted by a ghost named Nicodemus. THe house was a stop on the underground railroad and the legend was that Nic was killed protecting other escaped slaves from slave catchers.

Anyway, the middle room on the 3rd floor was supposed to be the really haunted one, so when it came time for room picks, noone high on the list wanted it, so my roommate and I chose that one- it was a really big double with two huge closets. Anyway, nothing really big ever happened to us, other than the fact that I discovered my roommate was nuts. But I don't think Nic had anything to do with that!

We did occasionally have lights flicker or whatever but we would just tell nic to cut it out, and he would.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 02-26-2008, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL. It becomes a mind over matter thing after awhile. You're waiting to hear or see something and then your mind eventually obliges.

That show spends more time cracking me up with the older dude with the earrings but it does have some interesting background stories sometimes.
Yeah, I think it's the actual encounters of the residents that get me scared the most! Like when they were filming at the city hall in his home town (last week's episode) and one of the workers set up a webcam in the meeting room - where it shot a frame every three seconds. And in the first frame - empty room. Second frame - man with a long coat standing by the table. Third frame - empty room. That was creepy.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to DVR it every week and watch it during daylight hours, while I play Spider Solitaire on the laptop. That way I don't get freaked out.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageofages View Post
Almost straight out of Sixth Sense....but....my nephew talks spirits and he has since he learned to talk. He is almost 10 now. I could tell you some great stories from when he was little. It could fill a few pages here.
I wanna hear some! I like your ghost stories, because they aren't scary.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

The house I lived in when I was 3 years old had some strange things happen in it- most of the bedroom doors were heavy wooden sliding doors, i.e. no way they'd move without someone pushing on them hard. I could barely even open them at my age. I'd be napping in my bedroom and the big wooden door would slide open and shut. This happened on a daily basis in both my room and the other bedrooms. Things would also move around the house. My mom found a head of broccoli moved from the fridge to behind the couch in the living room once while she was cleaning.

The house my parents own now has only had one other set of residents, the old man and woman who built it. The portion of the house they built (it's since been added on to, and you can see the difference in the brick tone from the old part of the house to the new) is over 100 years old, and they lived there for about 50 of those years. The people who bought it from them built the rest of the house but never lived there. It sat empty because it's gigantic and very hard to keep heated.
Anyway, the side door of the house that leads into the kitchen/dining room has a small window in it. Every member of my family has seen, out of the corner of their eye, the old woman walk by the window on the outside of the house. What was funny was, my boyfriend came to stay with me for a bit over Christmas break this last year and we were sitting at the dining table. He all of a sudden said "Hey who's outside?" I asked him why he asked me that and he said he thought he just saw someone walk by the door. I didn't have the heart to tell him until after he left my house to go back to his
Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I've decided that I don't like Paranormal State.

The lead "character" seems cool and I don't dismiss that some of the research thy do is legit. I just think some of the cases are too lackluster for a show.

Plus, this lady tonight was strange. They were debating whether what's going on in her home was paranormal or if it was a logical explanation. They told her that the lights blacking out could've just been a nonparanormal blackout. LOL. She was like "are your hearing me? are you hearing me? yeah...I think you're hearing me...." She said the blackout was a sign because she was asking the entity to show itself. I mean, the idiot held seances(sp) at the place so much that of course there might be something.

So the show concludes that there's a POSSIBILITY of a female entity. The lead "character" Ryan was still iffy that some of the stuff was not paranormal. That's all? Boooooo.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've decided that I don't like Paranormal State.

The lead "character" seems cool and I don't dismiss that some of the research thy do is legit. I just think some of the cases are too lackluster for a show.

Plus, this lady tonight was strange. They were debating whether what's going on in her home was paranormal or if it was a logical explanation. They told her that the lights blacking out could've just been a nonparanormal blackout. LOL. She was like "are your hearing me? are you hearing me? yeah...I think you're hearing me...." She said the blackout was a sign because she was asking the entity to show itself. I mean, the idiot held seances(sp) at the place so much that of course there might be something.

So the show concludes that there's a POSSIBILITY of a female entity. The lead "character" Ryan was still iffy that some of the stuff was not paranormal. That's all? Boooooo.
I don't know..I still get the chills! But I feel like they spend more time debunking the homeowner's theories. The group basically just left with saying, "if the lights going off make her feel better and she thinks the spirit is gone, then it's ok...it was just a power outage." I hate when there's no firm conclusion.