GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,142
1 members and 1,141 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 12-04-2009, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't stand punk a_ _ men with "issues". I wish they'd just wear a sign so I can cross to the other side of the street when I see them coming.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I am particularly proud of myself, and live-in's mom, for spending the entire day together Christmas shopping without getting on each others' nerves, saying things that were either intentionally or unintentionally hurtful, and other nonsense. We, in general, just really enjoyed each others' company. I even payed for hot dogs, and she didn't slap me for doing it.

I also give her props for helping me choose some cute things to send to my niece for Christmas, and only crying once - happy tears.

Love it.

Also, I would like to say that lighting a "Sparkling Pine" candle and putting it in the room with the (artificial) Christmas tree, and lighting a "Christmas Cookies" candle and putting it in the kitchen, was the best idea I've had all day. Live-in is going to be incredibly happy when he gets home!

I have live-in partially done, his mother partially done, his dad and brother not started, and am waiting on confirmation for a group gift for my dad.

I'm decidedly more ahead of this Christmas shopping thing than I was last year.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

What do I feel like saying right now? On my way home from work when I was listening to the radio, they played the supposedly "voice mail" from Tiger to that homewrecking bimbo he was seeing. omg, I swear, I would be SO freaking mad! I don't know why outside girls like talking to guys that are already taken. If he's not yours, that means hands off. Seriously. I would tell her don't talk to him, don't text him, don't e-mail him, etc. he is NOT yours. Leave him alone. Get your own!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 12-04-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
What is snow?
The first time I saw it snow was in college. I asked someone on the street what it was, perhaps the nearby mountain was a volcano and this was ashes? Yes, I went there. He looked at me like I was the dumbest freshman he'd ever seen. What can I say, I grew up near the beach and, on my trips to the mountains, so was already on the ground. I didn't know what it looked like falling out of the sky.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-04-2009, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
I'm really frustrated with certain things right now. I do now want to get up at 6am so answer your damn phone!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

So I've pretty much been chronically ill with sinus, ear, throat, chest crud since Labor Day with a week or two here or there where I feel okay, but not 100%. I'm pretty positive being sick is depressing me, and I'm so high on sudafed and mucinex, that I am bordering on tears because I am getting a bad grade. Of course I am not going to cry because it will make my sinuses worse, but when you average a 97.3 on exams, and your group project brings you down to a C, there's a problem. We have on grade out, and as of now I have an 80, and that grade is dependent on the 27/100 we received, so there goes my B. I don't have anything else to do for that class, so I am considering not going next week and putting my energies elsewhere.

I hate group projects, it isn't my job to motivate people to do work, or to do work to protect myself to the benefit of others. I wish I dropped this class and it has made me so hateful. I like the people in my group, and the professor, but OMFG not in this setting. Also my boyfriend is MIA and I need some comforting because I am sick and hateful.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/4984

AMC Entertainment Inc. no longer allows customers to bring their own snacks into movie theaters.

The decisions follows similar policies recently enacted by some competitors, namely Regal Entertainment.

"AMC recently reviewed its company policy regarding outside food and drink and will no longer be permitting guests to bring in these items, as is the case with many entertainment venues," said Justin Scott, the company's director of corporate communications.

At the same time, the Kansas City-based company is "reviewing and revamping our concessions menu and we are vigorously investigating many new items to add to our locations nationwide to provide our guests with as much choice and value as possible."

Until recently, movie-goers were welcome to bring their own food and drinks into AMC theaters without having to sneak them past ticket-takers.

The company recently reported lower revenue from decreased ticket and concessions sales.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
I really need to see the doctor about my ear. It's starting to get annoying.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
The first time I saw it snow was in college. I asked someone on the street what it was, perhaps the nearby mountain was a volcano and this was ashes? Yes, I went there. He looked at me like I was the dumbest freshman he'd ever seen. What can I say, I grew up near the beach and, on my trips to the mountains, so was already on the ground. I didn't know what it looked like falling out of the sky.
For some reason that makes me incredibly sad.

ETA to avoid a double post: I love Christmastime because they always bring back the greatest commercials. I always smile at the M&Ms "They Do Exist" commercial.

Last edited by agzg; 12-05-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I got a juror summons today. I haven't decided how I feel about it yet. On one hand, I think it's a citizen's duty and all that patriotic stuff. However, it's my damn winter break. I was planning on being out of town. Guess we'll see what happens.

As a side note, I'm spending my Saturday night at home on the couch, alone except for my cat, broke as hell. Lame.

Oh one more thing, I am ridiculously excited for the Avengers movie. It's gonna be serious!

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928
Old 12-05-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
My dorm floor was a fairly social group of ~30 people. At the start of my sophomore year, we had a floor meeting to welcome our new freshmen. One of them was from Trinidad, and he told us that he was really looking forward to seeing snow. We had a good laugh and told him that he was definitely in the right place (Boston).

A couple of days before Thanksgiving break, he came in yelling, "aephialum! aephialum! It's a snowstorm! It's a snowstorm!" I very gently explained, "My friend, that is what we call a 'flurry'. It gets worse. MUCH worse."

After he graduated, he fled back to Trinidad...
Old 12-05-2009, 03:44 AM
GreekChat Member

my HS was mostly West Indian and a lot of students would come start midway through the year. It snowed early November, and a new girl from Jamaica started classes with me. She'd only been in the states for a week, and it was her first day. Her reaction? Hysterical crying and crouching under her desk until class was over.

It scared me. She said she wasn't prepared mentally for it. She also didnt have any winter clothes, and people were giving her hoodies and sweats to wear home that day.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Banned

Has anyone ever tried Indian food? I'm eating some of it now. I'm not even sure exactly what I'm eating, but it's spicy as fuck.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I woke my a_ _ up at 4 am so you could get to the airport by 4:30am and you don't show up til almost 5 am! And now I can't get my a_ _ back to sleep!!! I'm so not feeling you right now.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
For some reason that makes me incredibly sad.

ETA to avoid a double post: I love Christmastime because they always bring back the greatest commercials. I always smile at the M&Ms "They Do Exist" commercial.
Lol sorry. And I love that commercial, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
A couple of days before Thanksgiving break, he came in yelling, "aephialum! aephialum! It's a snowstorm! It's a snowstorm!" I very gently explained, "My friend, that is what we call a 'flurry'. It gets worse. MUCH worse."
Some time soon after that epic fail, I woke up to the phone ringing. My roomie was off-campus and called to ask if classes were cancelled. I said "Why would they be cancelled?" and she said, "Look at the window." I screamed the walls down. I had never seen the anything like it, the ground/trees/bushes/EVERYTHING was white. I freaked and ran outside (barefoot and in a nightgown) and kicked it around till my toes were numb. Later that day, I found out a bunch of the other girls from California had run outside in their pajamas and had a snowball fight at 4am. Everyone in the dorm talked about how dumb they were but I was just sad I'd missed it!

Ok enough stories that make it look like you can't take me anywhere...

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl