GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,345
3 members and 1,342 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD, TLLK

Old 07-09-2014, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Sisterhood during the rough times

I was in the hospital for the better of two weeks for my Cystic Fibrosis and I wanted to share a quick story.

This weekend after I got discharged, I was not up to seeing anyone, my but my college roommate and pledge sister from Gamma Sigma Sigma was in town. At some point yesterday, she drove over to my house, sneakily knocked on my front door, and ran. I was asleep, but my husband heard it. He opened the door and looked outside but no one was there; well, aside from a beach bucket of fun stuff just for me - candy, nail polish, Sudoku, etc.!

Then today, one of Alpha Xi Delta sisters from our alumnae group just dropped off the cutest gifts - a beach tote full of treats - candy, bubbles, books, nail polish, stuff for the pool (all in Sunshiney Gold), and a bright, sunny Sunflower for my porch! Oh, and some toys for my cats!!

It's so wonderful being thought of, and having sisters who know you so well.

I feel so lucky for the love and support. I've had offers to clean my house, go grocery shopping, pick up my meds, and run errands. This is the kind of stuff I wish that PNMs could read about when making choices and considering options at each stage of recruitment. Sisterhood is for life - much longer than the 3-4 years you spend on campus.

Thanks for letting me share.

Last edited by ree-Xi; 07-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

What a nice story! I am glad to hear that you have sisters who are ready and willing to bring uplifting moments to you.

True and Constant
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

ree, I know what you're saying. Am going through some challenges, and have had great support, not just from my Theta sisters, but also from my Panhellenic sisters both here in AZ as well as across the country. It's been incredible and reminds me that we all have way more in common than we think.

Wishing you better days ahead, and healing thoughts are sent your way.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-10-2014, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm right there with ya. With all the moving I've done in my life, the first thing I ALWAYS do is check on an alumnae group. I couldn't have been happier to find an Alpha Xi Delta sister in Dubai, even though she was young enough to be my daughter (and was in fact the daughter of a good friend).