GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,195
1 members and 1,194 guests
Cookiez17

Old 11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Kentucky Pi Beta Phis pledge $1.8 to $3 Million to UK

Patricia "Tricia" Barnstable-Brown and her twin Priscilla "Cyb" are Pi Beta Phis from the University of Kentucky (Kentucky Beta). They were cheerleaders at UK and also the Double Mint Twins.

The Barnstable Brown Gift

The agreement for the Barnstable Brown Kentucky Diabetes and Obesity Center makes the center the sole beneficiary of the Barnstable Brown Gala. The family has given $1 million for the center to date, with an additional $1 million pledged in the coming months. The family has also committed proceeds from the Gala for the next three years. Based on previous years, the family estimates the Gala will provide the center with $1.8 to $3 million over that three year period.

Derby-Eve Gala Impacts Research at UK

Sales of highly sought-after tickets to this year's internationally-known Barnstable Brown Gala will leave a lasting impact on Kentucky and beyond for decades to come. The annual star-studded bash allows the Barnstable-Brown Foundation to support diabetes research, education and patient care in Kentucky--a state where diabetes prevalence is seventh-highest in the nation.

Starting this year, Patricia Barnstable Brown and her family have pledged funding to develop the Barnstable Brown Kentucky Diabetes and Obesity Center at UK, making the university their sole beneficiary.

"Patricia Barnstable Brown and her family--known across Kentucky and the world for their annual Derby-eve gala--are generously supporting a cause of great importance to this state, and one I know they hold particularly dear to their hearts," said UK President Lee T. Todd Jr. "As part of our mission to be a resource for Kentucky, UK cannot neglect any problem facing our state, particularly diabetes. Developing this center will be a defining moment and will propel us forward."

Proceeds from the gala, which originated two decades ago, have always gone to further diabetes research and care. Barnstable Brown's husband, David Brown, passed away from complications of the disease in 2003.

More at the link above or at the following.

Barnstable Brown Diabetes and Obesity Center Established at UK
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-11-2008, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Again, TSteven for keeping me informed on what is going on at UK now and also for information on the Barnstable twins from my own chapter. Your pics are always amazing and appreciated.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbino View Post
Thanks Again, TSteven for keeping me informed on what is going on at UK now and also for information on the Barnstable twins from my own chapter. Your pics are always amazing and appreciated.
You are more than welcome. It was my pleasure!

Here is another picture of the Barnstables (top row, 2nd and 4th from left) with the rest of the UK cheerleaders.

Go Cats!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

By my time frame, this should have been the mid-60's but the outfits seem 1970ish at least. However, I don't know what the cheerleaders would have worn in the 1960's.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hair styles tell me this is 68-72. I'm comparring them with OSU cheerleaders at the time.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbino View Post
By my time frame, this should have been the mid-60's but the outfits seem 1970ish at least. However, I don't know what the cheerleaders would have worn in the 1960's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Hair styles tell me this is 68-72. I'm comparing them with OSU cheerleaders at the time.
They graduated in 1973. At the time, freshmen could not be varsity cheerleaders at UK. As such, that would put the time frame from when they could have been members of the UK squad from the Fall of 1970 (as sophomores) to Spring of 1973 (senior year). What I don't recall is if they were cheerleaders for all three years or just two.

This one breaks my Big Blue heart. (We must have been upset in basketball. )

And I *think* the twins are in this one too.

Last edited by TSteven; 11-11-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

that is so nice