GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,525
1 members and 1,524 guests
Cookiez17

Old 12-28-2011, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hanging on here - great story... ending please!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-28-2011, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 5: Preference Day

I woke up as early as I could to shower, dry my hair, and curl it. I put on my favorite dress and heels – something that just screamed “me!” I was excited. I had my decision made, and though it technically wasn’t up to me to decide, I felt so sure that Vanilla would be my future home.

On the other hand, my hall-mates were so nervous! We all met for a big PNM meeting before getting our schedules… so many girls had dropped throughout the week. One of my closest friends from my Pi Chi group had dropped out, and I had heard stories of girls who had gotten the dreaded “call” from their Pi Chis, telling them they had been cut from recruitment.

The auditorium was CRAZY as we received our schedules. We were told to grab the paper, and get up and leave, to avoid chaos. I heard my name and jumped up, my heart beating.

I looked down and saw:

Vanilla
Pink Lemonade
Watermelon

So Dr. Pepper had dropped me…. Hmm! I wasn’t bummed because I knew all along it wasn’t where I was supposed to be. But I was secretly wishing that I had put Cotton Candy above Watermelon… I wish I could see whether or not they had extended me an invitation.

I was so thrilled to be returning to Vanilla and Pink Lemonade. I was sad Vanilla was the first one I’d visit, because I knew that the whole day, I’d be dreaming of being in Vanilla while at other houses’ preference parties.

Some of my friends hadn’t had as good as luck as I’d had… one only had one chapter listed on her schedule. Another had two – she started crying, for they weren’t the chapters she had hoped for.

As I lined up to go into Vanilla, I felt so sure of my decision. I chatted with some girls I had met about their schedules. Some were so happy. Some were disappointed. One girl started bashing on Vanilla, but I said to her proudly, “This is actually my number one choice.” I had no shame because of what the girl had said. I loved it!

The Vanilla girls came out of the house and announced our names. The girl who had comforted me yesterday called mine! She took me inside to see the ceremony. I was so touched by what the chapter did for the PNMs at the ceremony. I won’t go into details, but it was definitely a gesture of kindness and boy, how thoughtful these girls were! I smiled to myself as I listened to what the girls had to say. I didn’t cry like I had the day before, but it was certainly touching.

As the girl walked me out of the house, she turned to me and asked if she could give me a hug. I said, “YES!” and we hugged and talked until a Pi Chi barked at me to leave and get to my next social! I had a good feeling ☺

Pink Lemonade was kind of the same deal. I was happy to see the girl who had cried to me about Cotton Candy in line at Pink Lemonade. I was so glad she hadn’t dropped recruitment. To this day, I don’t know where she ended up but I’m glad I got to see her get to Pref Day. The girl from Philanthropy day picked me up at Pink Lemonade, and took me inside. I still loved it at this house, and knew I’d also be so happy to be a member there, too. Surprisingly, I enjoyed their actual ceremony better than I did Vanilla’s. The song they sang was absolutely beautiful (I’m a sucker for singing) and I started to question whether I should pref Pink Lemonade or Vanilla first…

At Watermelon, I listened and watched intently, but I knew I didn’t belong there. Their ceremony didn’t move me. I was so honored to be invited back, but it just wasn’t right.

I waited in line for over two hours to pref…. I was sweating from head to toe. I knew Vanilla was the one for me… but I kept doubting my decision, thinking that maybe I should place Pink Lemonade first. From what I had read online, Pink Lemonade was considered more of a “top tier” house than Vanilla…. What was the right thing to do? Should I pick the house that I had fallen in love with and cried over, or the house that might be more “popular?”

To be honest, there was a good period I spent in that line trying to convince myself to put Pink Lemonade first. But as I thought back, I remembered how I had felt after going to Vanilla. I knew that’s where I should be. I couldn’t sacrifice that feeling of belonging for any sort of popularity or status.

I sat down at the computer with a male volunteer. I wrote out my choices on a slip of paper:

1. Vanilla
2. Pink Lemonade
3. Watermelon

“Are you sure this is what you want?” the man said.

I looked down at the slip of paper, and then at him, and I took a deep breath in.

“Yes.”
Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

P.S. if any of you have a guess as to what school I go to, PM me!!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovypq View Post
Very fun! more please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZsis&mom View Post
I Love Recruitment Stories - More Please
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZsis&mom View Post
More, more, more
How do you like it?, how do you like it?
More, more, More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky657 View Post
this is a great story!! we want more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellWhatever729 View Post
More, please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenidallas View Post
ending please!!!
So do you all want more?

Let the girl tell her tale on her own time. Less than 2 days, and she's already made it most of the way through a very lengthy story. That's a lot faster than most on this site.

Sparkles, I'm enjoying every minute of it

@~/~~~~
Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

BID DAY.

I woke up in a good mood. I was not nervous… just SO excited!!! I took my time getting up and mozying around, dreaming about what would be happening in just a few hours. As I got out of the shower, my roommate called out to me, “Your phone just rang!!!!”
My heart dropped. “Who was it?” I asked her.
“Pi Chi Judy” she replied. I wanted to cry. This was the call… the dreaded call…. I hadn’t received a bid. Thoughts started rushing through my head: Why didn’t any of these chapters want me? What was my Pi Chi gonna say to me?
With shaky hands and my heart pounding at the speed of light, I redialed my Pi Chi’s number.
“Hi, Judy, you called?” I was so nervous I could barely speak.
“Hi! I just wanted to let you know Bid Day has been moved up an hour due to potential rain! Meet at the meeting spot at 11:40!”
A wave of relief flooded over my body. I chuckled to myself and thanked God that I was still getting a bid. Looking at the time, it would’ve been hours past when the initial phone calls would’ve gone out to bid-less girls.
With my hair still wet and my bag and camera packed for bid day, I headed off with my friends.
Waiting for our bids was so exciting. I was getting sunburned, but I didn’t care. About 1,200 girls were waiting outside, chatting and watching the sororities, who stood around in their adorable Bid Day shirts and holding up their giant letters!
I spotted Vanilla. I smiled, just knowing it’s where I’d be in a matter of minutes. After the Pi Chis did their reveal…. (one was an Orange Crush, one a Dr. Pepper, one a Watermelon, and one a 7Up!) I closed my eyes and reached out as my Pi Chi handed me my bid card. I held it behind my back for what seemed like an eternity.
“5, 4, 3, 2, 1!”
I shakily opened up the envelope…. And found an invitation to join the one, the only…

VANILLA!

Aka…….

KAPPA DELTA!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Congratulations on Kappa Delta. Also, thank you for a well written story that you didn't stretch out endlessly. You write well!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to you and KD! I loved reading your story!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

So much Love & Maturity in this Story!!! Congrats to You!!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay for you! Congratulations and thanks for a very well-written story!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on KD!! Really enjoyed your story. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to KD! I loved your story.

AOT
DaffyKD
Old 12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you, everybody!

Oh and I forgot to say - the girl who comforted me at KD earlier in the week, and walked out and called my name on Pref Day? She's now my Big. And one of my best friends
Old 12-28-2011, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

What a happy ending! Congrats
Old 12-28-2011, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and welcome to Kappa Delta!!!! Great story!

Old 12-28-2011, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Great story and congratulations on finding your home in Kappa Delta