GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek History Fraternity and Sorority historical discussions. Chat about all topics related to Greek history here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,382
1 members and 1,381 guests
dizzycmaarleyy5

Old 10-30-2014, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

ZBT at Purdue

Our chapter of ZBT Alpha Alpha at Purdue was thought to be introduced as a new chapter in 2011. When we went to get our papers, they found old documents from 1918 that show that we had a chapter at Purdue for that year. Does anyone know how I could find out more information about this? We have been searching and haven't seemed to come up with anything else.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-30-2014, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Contact our IHQ- Director of Chapter Affaris. Since it is considered an historiccal chapter, there should be documents in the archives regarding the founding of Alpha Alpha Chapter.

ZBT:"BROTHERHOOD & BEYOND"
Old 10-30-2014, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVODUDE View Post
Contact our IHQ- Director of Chapter Affaris. Since it is considered an historiccal chapter, there should be documents in the archives regarding the founding of Alpha Alpha Chapter.

ZBT:"BROTHERHOOD & BEYOND"
Thanks for your help!
Old 11-03-2014, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck...

The School has its yearbooks online at http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/cdm/...lection/debris

A search for the phrase Zeta Beta Tau got *one* hit, from 1946 (a students Senior Bio included Zeta Beta Tau), by comparison (my guess is a transfer to Purdue) , a search for Lambda Chi Alpha got 95 hits (and that indicates how many yearbooks had it)

My honest guess given that is that the Letters were assigned to Purdue and either no chapter came into existence, or the group never chartered.

My fraternity (Alpha Phi Omega) had a chapter like that, in 2001 they thought they were rechartering the chapter at Ferrum (which had chartered in 1970), but on further investigation found out the group had never actually gone through the chartering ceremony, so instead the group chartered the chapter, but with the letters that had been assigned in 1970.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
The School has its yearbooks online at http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/cdm/...lection/debris

My honest guess given that is that the Letters were assigned to Purdue and either no chapter came into existence, or the group never chartered.

My fraternity (Alpha Phi Omega) had a chapter like that, in 2001 they thought they were rechartering the chapter at Ferrum (which had chartered in 1970), but on further investigation found out the group had never actually gone through the chartering ceremony, so instead the group chartered the chapter, but with the letters that had been assigned in 1970.
lane swerve/

In the days before massive instant social communication (1980's) my sorority's Spring magazine issue editor wrote-up two new colonies and mentioned their Greek Letter chapter names (fake ex: Tau Beta and Sigma Beta). By the following Spring's magazine issue, no further mention had been made of those two colonies. It turns out both never chartered.

Only one of those two Greek letter chapter names was re-used since then, but why the other Greek letter chapter name was never re-used I've never heard. Perhaps we someday want to re-apply for a colony on that campus?

/end lane swerve