GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,346
0 members and 2,346 guests
No Members online

Old 08-14-2000, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool RECRUITMENT 2000

Hey Girls!!!!!!
I hope everyone is feeling great about the upcoming rush season! Well, i am hopinbg that we can more than double our size this year(don't worry we only have 7 coming back)

if anyone has any really good suggestions...post them, i'd like to read.

Jen
delta epsilon
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-02-2001, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Question RUSH

Hi everyone! I just got elected as MRC and I'm looking for any and all advice, info, or ideas that you may have-especially with themes and bid day shirts. My chapter usually doesn't have a big spring recruitment but I'm hoping to change that.

You can e-mail me at Tu1001grls@aol.com.
Old 01-02-2001, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey Tu100grls:
I just noticed that you are from Towson State...I a m from Villa Julie!! I think that is pretty cool! Anyway, congrats on your new position! I can't think of any ideas at the moment, but I will keep you posted! We, too, have a very low spring recruitment number. Best of luck!
LITP,
Jadey
Old 01-02-2001, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hey Tu100grls:

I'm from Clarion...If you had a specific question I could help you out...I joined almost four years ago, and would to help out. I can't think of any ideas off the top of my head, but our recruitment is small at Clarion, too. I was also a former recruitment counselor so maybe I can be of some help. I would love to help another Phi Sig out!!!

LITP,
Kirsten

"When only the best will do!"

Last edited by SapphireSphinx9; 02-18-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tu1001grls:

Hi everyone! I just got elected as MRC and I'm looking for any and all advice, info, or ideas that you may have-especially with themes and bid day shirts. My chapter usually doesn't have a big spring recruitment but I'm hoping to change that.

You can e-mail me at Tu1001grls@aol.com.
hey tu100-
i just got elected ass mrc. our spring rush is formal its a big deal i have lots of ideas if you need them things we did in the past.
Old 03-14-2001, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Hi, everyone. I'm planning on going through informal rush at my school in Miami and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get me through this successfully. My worry is that I'm a junior and summer rush has limited spots open. I would have rushed sooner, but I'm a transfer student. Any ideas? By the way, I've already decided I'm rushing Phi Sig.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-22-2001, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Butterfly....that is awesome that you want to go Phi Sig. My suggestion to get ya in is to just be yourself. What made you so sure that you wanted Phi Sig and only Phi Sig? I went into rush with the same mentality and after meeting all of the other chaptes, I left with that same mentality! There is no doubt nin my mind that I joined the right sorority. You just know, there is no other way to describe it! Well keep me posted, hopefully one day I will be able to call you my sister. Where did you transfer from?
Jamie

------------------
Stand in our shoes...or walk in our shadows!
Phi Sigma Sigma- Gamma Pi
Old 07-27-2001, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking COB Ideas??

Hi girls! I'm a Phi Sig in Sacramento, Ca and I'm planning on doing recruitment for the next term. I was wondering if anyone had any cool ideas for COB events. We've got our fall rush down pretty good but I've been having trouble thinking of some good events for COB. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!!
LITP
Colleen
Old 07-31-2001, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Hey SacBabe,
I can't think of a lot of ideas right now. I guess it depends on where you have your COB parties...do you stay on campus or are you willing to go out?
We usually have movie nights, ice cream social, or going out bowling.

i'm sure your MRC binder has a list of ideas...

Jen

------------------
Delta Epsilon -
Phi Sigma Sigma
Old 11-04-2001, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Need Recruiment Ideas

Hey girls -
Our school just switched to Philanthropy Recruitment during second round, instead of Skit round which we have all been doing since the beginning of time.
Needless to say, we need ideas. Are there any of you out there who have already made the switch to philanthropy recruitment, and if so, have you found an activity that seems to be working well?? Even if your school doesn't have philanthropy rec., if you have any cool ideas for an arts-and-craftsy type thing that we can do with the PNMs, that would be outstanding.
LITP
Old 11-05-2001, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
We have been doing philanthropy projects for a while at Clarion. One really cool thing that we did was make wish boxes out of popsicle sticks. We matched up PNM's with sister, and make the wish boxes and decorated them. They turned out really well, and then we donated them to a children's hospital.

For the wish box, you are supposed to put in something to represent what you are wishing for. If you wish for money, put in a penny. If you wish for a boy, put in a magazine picture or a picture of that boy, etc.

These are fun to make for other sisters, too.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to reighnfall
for our philanthropy rush we made cards to send to children at a nearby hospital....we had a great response from pnm's. they were excited to be able to participate in our philanthropy
Old 11-09-2001, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Get Well Bags

I am the rush chair for my chapter and we have to do a philanthropy project. This year, I bought brown paper bags, stickers and a lot of little party favors/ coloring books and crayons from the dollar store. During Rush, the PNMs decorated the bags and put some little toys and coloring pages in the bags. Then, a few weeks ago on make a difference day, our new class brought all the bags to a local children's hosptial. The event went over VERY well!
Old 11-09-2001, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Hey there! Well here at Sac State we had an AWESOME recruitment! For our activity we bought plastic light switch plates from a hardware/craft store. They are about 10 cents a piece. Then we bought decals, painting markers, and stickers and let the girls go crazy and decorate them. It was a lot of fun and it turned out really well. Once the plates were dry we donated them to our local philanthropy Shriners Hospital for the children to put on their light switches in their rooms.
Old 11-11-2001, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

we do bulid-a-bear during our informal recruitment...which is a store at the mall where you pick your bear (or animal) stuff it, dress it, and then name it!!! we then donate the bears to the University of Maryland hospital. You could use this at formal rush by goinbg to a craft store and buying the bears, and then little outifts, robbons, etc and make "birth" certificates on a computer.