GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,622
0 members and 2,622 guests
No Members online

Old 04-02-2016, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss rec letters

I will be a freshmen at Ole Miss in the fall and I'm going to go through sorority recruitment! I am wondering when is the right time to start asking ladies if they would be willing to write me a recommendation and when is the right time to send my stuff to them? I would personally like to have everything in to the chapters before Ole Miss gets out for summer break but I've also heard that I should wait to do all of this until early June. I'm just frustrated because I want to do it as early as possible, but not too early. I don't want to send anything to the alums in April if they are just going to have it sitting around their house until June anyways. I am from MS and pretty much know who I'm going to ask to write them, I just don't know when I should ask them. I plan to get 2 recs for every sorority and some letters of support also for every house I can. Any advice is much appreciated! Hotty Toddy
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Have you asked any of these ladies what your time table should be?
Old 04-02-2016, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

NOW! You should have already asked and gotten your packet to them. Alums in the smaller towns will be meeting next month to write recs on the girls from their towns. You should get on it now. The alums in MS pretty well know by now who they plan to write them on so get on their lists now. And you want them to not be rushed getting your rec in. Waiting will do that. So do it now.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Our alumnae group typically meets in mid to late June to write recs. A final GPA and class standing is not known until graduation. I have gotten packets from PNMs in May but these are usually women that I have known since birth and I don't need those final stats in order to endorse them for membership in my GLO.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi,

We write lots of recommendations for girls attending Ole Miss. We ask the girls to have their packet info to us no later than mid-April. Our alumnae groups meet in May.

Best of luck with your recruitment!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member