GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,465
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, EmilOrtiz4
» Online Users: 2,440
1 members and 2,439 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-16-2011, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter got sacked at Auburn

My name is Helen and my daughter did not get a bid at Auburn. She is crushed as am I.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2011, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so very sorry about this. Every year there are wonderful, quality young women who do not receive bids. It happened to my neighbor's daughter a couple of years ago at UGA. This was a "total package girl" -- she had high grades, plenty of service and extra-curricular, and was attractive -- she had it all, but so do a large volume of PNM's, making it fiercely competitive. Did your daughter have recs? They are needed for every sorority at Auburn. Again, I am very sorry for your and your daughter's heartbreak.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmills2 View Post
My name is Helen and my daughter did not get a bid at Auburn. She is crushed as am I.
Sorry to hear this. Several girls were left heartbroken after not having a successful recruitment so she's not the only one.

Many people here will tell you that there are still ways to be involved on campus. After the sting goes away a little, encourage her to check out the different organizations. I know it's not the same, but it's something.

Check out this thread when you can: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=89902

Last edited by Always AlphaGam; 08-16-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Helen -- the thread Always AlphaGam posted is very good and helpful. It mentions COB (Continuous Open Bidding) and your daughter might want to contact the Greek Office about signing up. While I do believe all the chapters at Auburn made quota this year, they may not all be at chapter total, in which case there could be COB parties or activities. Also, some chapters may have some pledges drop or could lose girls to graduation or transfer at the end of the semester, which would open up spaces that might be filled through COB. If your daughter is still interested in being in a sorority, COB is certainly worth inquiring about. Also encourage her to get involved in other activities -- they will keep her active and engaged while possibly giving her the chance to meet more sorority members, which could lead to invitations to COB events. Best wishes to you both.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

And although it's difficult, it's not out of the question to pledge as a sophomore, particularly if she's involved on campus, makes friends and has really good grades. I do wish her the very best of luck. It sucks that it's so competitive that some girls just fall through the cracks due to no fault of their own.