GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,426
2 members and 1,424 guests
naraht, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-15-2003, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Guys!!!!! Help!!!!!

Ok, so many of you are prob. familar w/ my mardi gras disaster in which I made a drunken fool of myself and my old flame had to deal with me....I dont remember it, but I think I was pretty pyscho. Anyways, I was going to call and apologize but decided to wait and talk to him on IM, but he was never on so I just decided to let the whole thing blow over...SOOOO I typed him into my friends IM tonight when I was bored, and he was on. When I got back to my place, he wasnt......HE BLOCKED ME!!!!! I know this because I was stalkerish and put it on my roomies IM-what do I do?! Obviously he doesnt want to talk to me....but I feel horrible and dont want to have ruined all chances of us being friends...should I text message him? I want to talk to him but feel I have gone beyond the realm of scary, obviously. HELP! Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-15-2003, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I think the most important thing is to remember the magic of IM- he has no idea you checked all this out and realize he blocked you. And there is still the .02 chance that he didn't block you, but whatever.....

Anyway I think you either need to call him or forget about it. IMHO, text messaging is a horrible idea. Any kind of contact where he can ignore you by not answering is a bad idea b/c there's always the excuse that he didn't get it.
Calling him is pretty much your only choice. Obviously this is bothering you. You say you acted 'scary'. OK well what do you have to lose???
Now, from my own 'stalker experiences' (though I am NOT one, I have friends who are) I suggest either blocking your # on caller ID by dialing *67 first (works on a cell phone, too) or using a public telephone so that he doesn't know the #.
If he doesn't answer, leave a message. If he doesn't return it, it's done. Move on, the time for saving face has passed, and there's a better boy on the horizon.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

unfortunately, I did not read the post before I made my move...but hopefully you guys will assure me this wasn't too pyscho of an action....I really didnt want to call him, but I wanted to clear things up and get stuff off my chest. So I was in my roomates room talking to her about it, and of course he showed up on her IM. I started writing a sample apology on her comp-and she told me to just send it from her name, saying I was in her room and saw that he was on......so I sent the following:
hey this is !@^*$, I was in &(*@&$ room and saw you were online...sorry about mardi gras, I dont remember much at all but I think I was pyscho...supposedly I called half the people in my phone and professed my love for them...I am really sorry you had to deal w/ me that night; I was going to talk to you sooner & was hoping to catch you on IM to avoid an awkward conversation....I just want to make sure things are cool,(and maybe figure out exactly how much of an ass I was that night....transfer school status?)...cuz it WONT happen again..so IM me or call me sometime if you get the chance....sorry!
Old 03-15-2003, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, well I can tell that this whole situation was obviosuly bothering you...so in a way, I think it's good that you got it off your chest and told him you were sorry. Now the ball is in his court...if he doesn't unblock you or call you, then just let it go.

Personally to me, it sounds like you kinda like him as more than a friend. If not, it wouldn't have been such an issue with you. But I would just forget the whole thing happened (although hopefully you learned from your mistake) and move on. I hope it all works out for you.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Old 03-15-2003, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

If it aint there, it aint here!

Dont push it or will make it 10 times worse!

Young Love is in the heat of the night! Were you going to Boink Him (SEX)?

Throw your self, you will look like a trash heap, or a VooDoo Pananny!

Use any sense you have at your age, I didnt!!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-15-2003, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
What is done is done, don't stress about it.