GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,142
2 members and 2,140 guests
flirt5721, JayhawkAOII

Old 07-23-2012, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

USC GPA sorority recruitment

Hello all!

I will be going through sorority recruitment this fall, 2012, at the University of Southern California as a sophomore (not transfer, I was here all of freshman year). I have a 3.09 cumulative GPA as of right now. I had a 3.50 in high school. I have (for most houses) a couple of recommendations to each chapter, and my extracurricular activities record is strong.

I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with any information on the different sorority chapters' minimum GPA requirements for PNMs and/or to pledge the sorority? I have searched far and wide in the great expanse of the Internet but I haven't found any information regarding this topic. I actually can't even find the minimum GPA required when first registering for sorority recruitment! I've looked on each of the chapters' pages (i.e. www.usckkg.com [just as an example!]), on Panhellenic's website, as well as the USC greek life office website, and the fall 2012 recruitment brochure.

If anyone knows any details about any of the sorority chapters' minimum GPA requirement, or if they know where I can find this information, please let me know! I would really, really appreciate it.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandarushing View Post
Hello all!

I will be going through sorority recruitment this fall, 2012, at the University of Southern California as a sophomore (not transfer, I was here all of freshman year). I have a 3.09 cumulative GPA as of right now. I had a 3.50 in high school. I have (for most houses) a couple of recommendations to each chapter, and my extracurricular activities record is strong.

I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with any information on the different sorority chapters' minimum GPA requirements for PNMs and/or to pledge the sorority? I have searched far and wide in the great expanse of the Internet but I haven't found any information regarding this topic. I actually can't even find the minimum GPA required when first registering for sorority recruitment! I've looked on each of the chapters' pages (i.e. www.usckkg.com [just as an example!]), on Panhellenic's website, as well as the USC greek life office website, and the fall 2012 recruitment brochure.

If anyone knows any details about any of the sorority chapters' minimum GPA requirement, or if they know where I can find this information, please let me know! I would really, really appreciate it.
Try calling the Greek Life office.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Scholarship

On the USC Panhellenic site are listed the GPA averages of the NPC sororities on the row. The latest listed is for spring of 2010. The GPA average for all NPC chapters for that term was a 3.4.

These chapters had the highest GPAs for that semester. I do not know why the list was not updated for spring 2011.

Delta Delta Delta 3.5
Alpha Delta Pi 3.46
Gamma Phi Beta 3.46

I heard unofficially the highest average for spring 2011 was 3.46. Follow the suggestion posted above. Call the Panhellenic office and see if that information is available.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ that information is two years old.

Like everyone else said: call the Greek Life Office with your question(s).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM

Also, please be aware that these are AVERAGES - including pledges and initiated members. Just because you meet a minimum OR the average doesn't mean it will be enough to receive a bid.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
On the USC Panhellenic site are listed the GPA averages of the NPC sororities on the row. The latest listed is for spring of 2010. The GPA average for all NPC chapters for that term was a 3.4.

These chapters had the highest GPAs for that semester. I do not know why the list was not updated for spring 2011.

Delta Delta Delta 3.5
Alpha Delta Pi 3.46
Gamma Phi Beta 3.46

I heard unofficially the highest average for spring 2011 was 3.46. Follow the suggestion posted above. Call the Panhellenic office and see if that information is available.
I think this is helpful info., even if it's older, because it gives you an idea of what the chapters are attaining. The Panhellenic office will be able to tell you the bare minimum GPA for recruitment overall, and maybe for each chapter. This additional info. tells you what they'd probably like to see a new member achieve so that they don't bring down the chapter GPA.

The chapter GPAs are posted on-line for the university where I teach/advise, and I've found them on-line for the college my daughter will be attending. There generally isn't too much fluctuation from semester to semester, but I think it gives a PNM some additional insight into what might be "good" and what might raise a "red flag" on a given campus.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I listed the last averages that were posted on the Panhellenic site. Why the latest averages are not listed is a mystery.

Perhaps kaeb could post the spring 2011 averages as she is at the campus.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

USC Panhellenic GPAs Spring 2012

The All-Sorority average was 3.26
(The All-Women's average was 3.20; All-Greek 3.14; All-Undergraduate 3.12)

Theta had the highest GPA with 3.42; DG had the third highest with 3.31