GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Psi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,565
3 members and 1,562 guests
LaneSig, nathnpetrovo648, Xidelt

Old 09-06-2008, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

what is rush like?

can anyone give me an overview of what takes place during rush? like maybe a day by day schedule?
and how is it different from rushing social sororities ie. what do business frats look for in particular
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 PM

We look for business majors and those who know how to dress appropriately (business formal and business casual). My college chapter only had three nights of rush. One night was informal where everyone walks around and says hello and what not, the other night an alumni member came and spoke,and the last night was a pizza party/pledging.

Competitiveness and chapter dynamics will vary from chapter to chapter. It's worth checking out. I cant tell you anything else though
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

This is old, but someone else might care.

My school has four nights of rush. Three nights informal (usually themed), one night professional. On the informal nights, you come out and meet the brothers. There's food. You chat with each other. They see if you have potential, you see if AKPsi is right for you. We've had 'speed dating' to meet as many brothers as you can as well as game nights. Last night is professional rush. We usually have a speaker and you dress in business formal. This is when your application is due. Each rush is usually three hours long. We expect you to come to at least three nights (other commitments like work or school are acknowledged).

I think we really look for if you are going to commit and bring some professional skills to the chapter. Not a bad reputation of a pledge getting drunk every weekend. Thats just us though.

One thing we specifically look for is- NOT REFERRING TO AKPSI AS A FRAT. Okay. *done with little rant*