GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,448
0 members and 1,448 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Belmont Rush?

So I used the search and I couldn't find anything here with this topic, so here goes...

I'm a freshman at Belmont University and I REALLY want to join a sorority! My mom was a Zeta but they don't have that sorority here. I really want to be Greek not just because my mom is but because I think it would be fun!

There's only 3 sororities, Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Sigma Tau, and Phi Mu. I haven't really gotten any information on rush here except for a pamphlet but it wasn't very descriptive! I registered and everything but there's no details online or on the Facebook group for rush. All it says is the registration link and that there's four nights of rush. I guess there's no houses here so I don't even know where rush is going to happen!

Does anyone know anything about the Belmont rush process? Like how competitive it is, are recs needed and how rush works with only 3 sororities? Am I more likely to be cut because there's less groups? I am super nervous. I DON'T want to hear any stereotypes - like everyone here says, I'm trying to keep an open mind!

Thanks in advance!