GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,685
2 members and 1,683 guests
Sarak24034

Old 01-31-2017, 06:56 AM
GreekChat Member

RFM requires attending all parties for which you are scheduled on every campus, not just IU. And IU isn't the only school with 3 prefs either.

Just clarifying the information.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Any update on TPA COB?
Old 12-24-2017, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is getting ready for IU recruitment '18. Does anyone have information on how many women are registered or a detailed schedule for January? Any campus specific advice I should share?
Old 12-26-2017, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
My daughter is getting ready for IU recruitment '18. Does anyone have information on how many women are registered or a detailed schedule for January? Any campus specific advice I should share?
around 1800 are registered.

As for campus advice- the standard keep your options open, the house you love on open house day might not be the house you love at preference...

I'll add, dress to impress other women, not guys. and dress WARM. It's freezing in Indiana right now, and I don't think next week will be much better.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 12-26-2017, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
and dress WARM. It's freezing in Indiana right now, and I don't think next week will be much better.
Do the pnms wear their outerwear (coats, snow boots etc) to the parties and then change before going inside? In my experience the chapter rooms get warm. I have advised my D to not wear a hot turtleneck where she will be sweating while at the party but to bundle up to get around campus. Is this solid advice? Will they be able to take off out layers and remain comfortable inside during the parties?
Old 12-26-2017, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
Do the pnms wear their outerwear (coats, snow boots etc) to the parties and then change before going inside? In my experience the chapter rooms get warm. I have advised my D to not wear a hot turtleneck where she will be sweating while at the party but to bundle up to get around campus. Is this solid advice? Will they be able to take off out layers and remain comfortable inside during the parties?
most if not all of the houses allow the women to come inside between the rounds to warm up and take off layers. I recommend having her carry a large bag of some sort where she can stash her sweatpants/coat/hat/gloves/boots. At the house I advise, the PNMs line up in a back stairwell where they can remove all of the outerwear before the round starts. Because of the number of times the doors open and close, the house stays pretty chilly. We don't recruit in our chapter room- We use the dining room, formal, informal, and some of the bedrooms.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 12-26-2017, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Might someone with closer ties to IU (paging IndianaSigKap!) please begin a new thread for IU's 2018 recruitment? Thanks...
Old 01-02-2018, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Well.....recruitment starts tomorrow..........

My mom's an IU alumna. She was not in a sorority; but, it's the closest thing to an IU "affiliation" you're going to get out of me. But, again, recruitment starts tomorrow, so I figure I'd just go ahead and make the thread.

2018 Thread: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=240661

True and Constant
Old 01-06-2018, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
around 1800 are registered.

As for campus advice- the standard keep your options open, the house you love on open house day might not be the house you love at preference...

I'll add, dress to impress other women, not guys. and dress WARM. It's freezing in Indiana right now, and I don't think next week will be much better.
ForeverRoses, do you know how many women actually wound up going through Recruitment after grade cuts?