GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,200
1 members and 2,199 guests
No Members online

Old 08-30-2004, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tally, by way of Port Charlotte, by way of Howell MI
Send a message via AIM to GONOLES
whitedaisy128... i feel like i relate so much with you. I thank you for sharing as well. My Dad was diagnosed with a form of liver cancer a month before I left for college. He has been getting at home interferron (spelling?) treatments, and it's been incredibly..rough. His diagnosis is a major reason I did not rush my freshman year... but your story makes me feel like it's now a major reason why I should now. I pushed a lot of friends away in the thought that this was something I needed to deal with on my own... and I shouldnt bother others with bad news.... but now I realize how much I need support.

My dad wants me to be more focused on school,(and not so much on him) and be doing all of the things i had always thought my college experience would consist of. I have friends here, but often I feel like I am completely alone, and I have no one to go to when things get difficult, or scary. Did you feel like this before you became a sister? I just cant explain to you how much I am touched by the sheer love and support your sisters showed you, and it moves me so much, that I feel honored that I could be apart of something as wonderful....

thank you so much for sharing....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-30-2004, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Gonoles, I did feel that way! My mother was also very insistant that I keep up with school and that was important. She was a teacher in so many senses of the word - I really really really think, with all of my heart, that she held out until Spring Break so my brother and I wouldn't miss any school. That'd be just like her.

I did want to deal with it alone for a while. I felt like people weren't going to like me if they found out my mom was sick - like maybe I'd spread the sickness to them (I know that sounds so silly!). But it's something you simply can not do alone. My sisters were the perfect support for me. DG's symbol is the anchor and my sister TRULY were my anchors through out the times surrounding my mother's death.

Check out SDT, see if it's a fit - it may be, it may not be! SDT's symbol is the torch...don't be afraid to let someone else light the way for you if you need them. Through my tragedy, the entire young chapter pulled together to help...it was amazing!

Even now that I've graduated, I come back to help with Greek life events on campus (like talking to freshmen at orientation) - because that is how much I BELIEVE in Greek life. I know it has lot's of bad stereotypes...but with all my heart, I believe it is good...very, very good. I really don't know where I'd be today with out my sisters!

I can't wait for everything that's to come too - I'm going to be one of my sister's maid of honor next year!! I'm so excited!