GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,298
2 members and 2,296 guests
fmanning

Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

For IU, 'live-in' and 'live-out' might work? Although live-out implies that they have a chapter house, just aren't choosing to live in it...hmm, interesting verbage issue!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Unencumbered?

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

OH I can't help myself, this is a word game: Wiffs and Woffs (with facility/without facility). Or some chapters could be in the Clouds (like Cloud computing? you know?) while others were bricks and mortar/on the ground. Let's see... where is my brain going to go with this challenge?

Did I take my Concerta this morning? Magic 8 Ball says "no".
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
OH I can't help myself, this is a word game: Wiffs and Woffs (with facility/without facility). Or some chapters could be in the Clouds (like Cloud computing? you know?) while others were bricks and mortar/on the ground. Let's see... where is my brain going to go with this challenge?

Did I take my Concerta this morning? Magic 8 Ball says "no".
I wondered the same thing about my concerta earlier today, and was dismayed to realize the answer was yes. Must have been a placebo.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck with recruitment, I also go to a BIG Ten school and will be rushing when I get back for winter break. Be sure to catch my recruitment story!! Cannot wait to hear yours!!!!!
Big Ten Love
Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Go Big Ten!!!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Please be open minded when you go through rush. You are at a very competitive school and all of the sororities are great. Last year when my daughter rushed many girls thought they had to be in a certain houses and were disappointed when they were cut. My sorority (I went to another Big Ten school) cut her right away which gave her the opportunity to look elsewhere. My daughter kept an open mind and had three nice houses to go to for preference. She is very happy in her house. As I put in another post some of my daughter's friends are in the newest sorority which does not have a house and are loving it.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

HEY Y'ALL!!!

I'm not going to do a live recruitment like people suggested, but today was the first day of 21 Party, and I'm just LOVING the rush process! Just wanted to post an update! I'm so excited for tomorrow and seeing what all the houses have to offer!

Have a good night!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Get some rest and have fun!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where old Sorority Girls go, pearls still included!!
Send a message via AIM to BadSquirrelBeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyedgirl View Post
HEY Y'ALL!!!

I'm not going to do a live recruitment like people suggested, but today was the first day of 21 Party, and I'm just LOVING the rush process! Just wanted to post an update! I'm so excited for tomorrow and seeing what all the houses have to offer!

Have a good night!
Good luck to you!! If you are in finals before you head home for the holidays study hard and have a great holiday break! Looking forward to reading up on another epic recruitment saga when you return in 2013!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, 21 "houses" to visit in two days? Have they annouced how many PNMs have signed up for recruitment yet?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

My Rho Gam said somewhere around 1700-2000
but this is before grade disqualifications are made, so I'm assuming after the holidays some people will not be rushing due to being academically ineligible.

Thanks, everyone! 21 houses is 2 days was SO tiring, but I loved every minute of it! Every door song, conversation, and house tour was great in it's own way!

I'll be putting my nose to the grind-stone now and focusing (Trying to at least) solely on grades!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

So glad you had such a positive experience! You lucked out with the weather, for sure. Did you rank tonight after the last open house?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Today's weather was pretty gross, but the rain held off (thank goodness!). But aside from the humidity today, the weather was fantastic! Yes, we did rank today. It was a bit nerve-wracking to be honest, but I think I'm pretty confident in my rankings. The only part now is having to wait an entire month to get back the houses for 14 party.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyedgirl View Post
Yes, we did rank today. It was a bit nerve-wracking to be honest, but I think I'm pretty confident in my rankings. The only part now is having to wait an entire month to get back the houses for 14 party.
A general question to those familiar with IU NPC recruitment. When do the chapters turn in their invite lists?

As I understand it, ranking by the PNMs has happened now - after this first round. So do the chapters rank at this time as well since the various impressions of the PNMs should still be fresh? Then after grades come out, any PNMs who are academically ineligible are “automatically” removed (i.e. “dropped”) from the chapter’s next round invite list?

Or do chapters wait until the grades come out to see which PNMs are academically eligible and then make their invite list? If the latter is true, then in essence, the PNMs still have a month to “impress” (or not) the chapters.

If it was up to me, I’d make an initial list now, but wait to finilize and submit the list until the last possible date/time.

So I guess part of my general question is in situations like IU - where there is some time (i.e. days/weeks/month) between party rounds - is there some sort of NPC rule or guideline that says the chapters should turn in their invite list by X number of days/hours?