GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,378
2 members and 2,376 guests
AOIIalum

Old 05-06-2000, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Social Events

Gentlemen-

I'm the new Epsilon for the Delta Mu Chapter of Texas A&M University. I'm looking for new fun ideas for social events so if you have enjoyed any of your chapter's events (Date Parties, Crushes, Mixers, etc...) let me know what they are so I can possibly use them in the future.

In ZAX,

Chad Gardner
DM 175
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-02-2000, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I was the epsilon about 2 years ago. I did toga parties, hawaiian parties, graphitti fest, spaghetti fest, halloween party, hayrack ride, x-mas party, and a few others but I can't remember right now. If you need details, e-mail me at JNDBLIT@aol.com.

ZAX,

------------------
JJ
Old 07-08-2000, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Brothers as an Alum of my Zeta we are working with our young alums and having a retreat in Aug. last to work with them. we are going to work on rush as that is my main part and selling our zeta. I would enjoy any help in rush paties that are not overly $$$$$$$. We did a hot tub a thon for charity with one of the local Sor. and did 2,000. for local. we need to sell ourselves in many ways and I would be glad of the help!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Old 07-02-2001, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey all,
I'm the Iota at Eta Zeta up in URI. We've done a couple things. We've done swing-a-tons (where you litterally swing on a swingset), sleep outs, mixers, a Margaretaville party (sp?) i can't spin that type of music anymore it makes me ill now!:-)
anyway, we're also looking for some ideas on good dry rush evens that can be thrown on a low buget. . get back to me: LrdOL@altavista.com

thanks for all your support
in peace, love and happiness
jacob
HZ 1268
Old 07-03-2001, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a party, thrown together at the last minute during rush last year, and it had a great turnout. We printed up LXA money, like monopoly money, with different brothers faces on it. There were like 4 different bills I think. Then, we gave each girl that came to the party like $15k. Then, the guys had to do what the girls said if they wanted money. Then, throughout the night we auctioned stuff off, like gift certificates, dates, magazine subscriptions and stuff like that. It was awesome. Lots of girls said they had as much, if not more fun there, than at our parties where there was alcohol.

Also, there was "pudding" wrestling. This was totally the girls idea though. One of them came up with it and said she'd get girls to wrestle if we got the puddin' pit together. that went over really well, and they even wrestled some of the guys that wanted to.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

amen for puddin'!!!!
i think that one might fly. Right now URI is hurting from it's past party record (use to be top ten in the US) so, being a DJ, i'm trying to put together a crew of artists that would play about the campus. Has anyone ever gotten together (peacefully) with other fraternities to do something like this. .parties. . whatnot?
thanks for the ideas.

in ZAX
jacob
HZ 1268