GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,346
2 members and 2,344 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol I hate it when people use the "Agree to disagree cop outs. It's like a way of saying they got got, without saying they got got.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-03-2015, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wrong...

...CG tried to follow AST's thoughts here by "agreeing to disagree" which I generally don't like because I like to debate Lol.
But there's no point for either of us to debate when my opinion is wrong.

I was just looking for a more elaborate answer from CG. Sheesh!

I don't care... the Patriots won!

@~/~~~~
Old 02-03-2015, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

To be clear, it's FOOTBALL, and the game is over by 2 days now. So really, worth continuing to argue about? It was, as far as this utterly non-fan of football can tell, a very well-played game right up until the last 10 seconds when a complete bonehead mistake of a call happened. They're all still a bunch of overpaid man-children as far as I'm concerned.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post

I was just looking for a more elaborate answer from CG. Sheesh!

I don't care... the Patriots won!
Does it take you a minute to process information or something, or are you just kind of slow? I said you were wrong when you said NE was a more offensive team and Seattle was more defensive. What I told you are the facts, not opinions.

Agreed, NE did win, so you shouldn't have cared enough to want a response from CG, either. Just sayin.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

...the way this thread has turned is exactly why "agree to disagree" is a perfectly acceptable way to leave a "discussion." After all, it's only Greekchat.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 02-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Banned

Or people could leave the discussion by simply not typing.

LOL @ ASTalumna06 and Phrozen. I consider this a humorous back-and-forth. I'm sure none of you really cares. ....unless someone lost money over this game....

Last edited by DrPhil; 02-03-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lol I hate it when people use the "Agree to disagree cop outs. It's like a way of saying they got got, without saying they got got.
So then what do you think should be done/said when neither party can come to an agreement?
Quote:
Does it take you a minute to process information or something, or are you just kind of slow? I said you were wrong when you said NE was a more offensive team and Seattle was more defensive. What I told you are the facts, not opinions.

Agreed, NE did win, so you shouldn't have cared enough to want a response from CG, either. Just sayin.
Hilarious! Phrozen, it's not that serious. lol.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
To be clear, it's FOOTBALL, and the game is over by 2 days now. So really, worth continuing to argue about? It was, as far as this utterly non-fan of football can tell, a very well-played game right up until the last 10 seconds when a complete bonehead mistake of a call happened. They're all still a bunch of overpaid man-children as far as I'm concerned.
AMEN.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it baseball season yet?

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I understand what you said.

So for CG it's an opinion, but for me, I'm straight up wrong? Again, why debate at all? And really, if I can't ask questions and ask for someone's thoughts on a topic, what's the point of this website?

This is so dumb.

@~/~~~~
Old 02-04-2015, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
Is it baseball season yet?
14 days. Woo hoo!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
14 days. Woo hoo!
I'm glad I'm not the only one counting down. We've got tickets to two spring training games at Roger Dean Stadium and then we are going to St. Louis for a game. So excited!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I understand what you said.

So for CG it's an opinion, but for me, I'm straight up wrong? Again, why debate at all? And really, if I can't ask questions and ask for someone's thoughts on a topic, what's the point of this website?

This is so dumb.
You've got to be kidding me, right? You're slow as hell.

Let's go back again....
http://youtu.be/rCL7ALVOS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
I think the Seahawks' bad play call cost them the game, but they played too well (they were leading into the 4th quarter) to say they "gave it away" IMO.

You gotta think "Beastmode" is going to make a yard on the goal line for a Super Bowl win, but for some reason they they made an odd play call and the rookie DB jumped the route.
My frat responded to CG here based on her thoughts about Seattle giving the game away. He clearly said it's his opinion. Yes, this is an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
That's kind of the point. They played so well that the game was theirs for the win, but to make a dumb decision like that is like giving away the win to a team who didn't play anywhere near as well as they performed. That game belonged to Seattle, hands down. But they decided to give a donation instead.
CG responded here, which I agreed with. Still different opinions.

Quote:
Were we watching the same game?
You responded to CG with unnecessary sarcasm here. This is neither an opinion or fact. It's just stupid.
Quote:
Can two people see the same thing and come away with different opinions?
CG tried to avoid a discussion with you here by making an attempt to agree to disagree. This is actually factual information. Two people can see the same thing and have different thoughts on what they saw.
Quote:
Yes, of course. I just don't know upon what your opinion is based. This is the first time in the last 24 hours that I've heard someone say that the Patriots were completely out-performed, so I'm wondering why you would think that. The stats and the score suggest otherwise, so yea, I'm confused.
You answered your own sarcastic question here, and then proceeded to ask CG why she would think what she thinks.
Quote:
My opinion is based on the first three quarters. Seattle was winning. Up until that last play at the goal line, Seattle was going to win that game. Do you know what penetration is? If you do, then you'd know that when it comes to football, statistics can mean little.
CG answered your question here.
Quote:
Seattle wasn't winning until after they entered the third quarter. From what I saw and later read about the game was that New England outplayed Seattle in the first half. Wilson couldn't even complete a pass until the second quarter.

And I wasn't questioning whether or not Seattle could have won, but why you thought Seattle was exponentially better than New England. I just didn't see that. ::shrugs::
You once again continued a discussion that CG ended when she answered your quesion the first time. Then you said you "just didn't see that." CG had already told you more than once at this point that two people can see the same thing and have different opinions.
Quote:
They were winning 17-14 into the third quarter. I'm looking at how they played, their gameplay, their risks taking and their decision making strategy prior to that. You're just looking at stats only. When I watch football, I look at the gameplay, not the stats. The stats show the end results/numbers, but they don't really show detail of how the game was played. Seattle played a better game than NE did, to me.
CG answered your same question a second time here.

Quote:
What I said below is what I think you're having a tough time seeing. If you think differently, you're entitled to your opinion. That said, I'm also entitled to mine.
CG brought this up a third time, and it still went over your head.
Quote:
I'm not only looking at statistics, but OK. And it was tied going into the half. So yes, Seattle wasn't winning until the third quarter.

I don't know why you think I believe you're not entitled to your opinion. I asked why you think Seattle outplayed New England. You gave me an answer with this post. Thank you.
You proceeded to continue the discussion with CG again, when she clearly attempted to agree to disagree with you, she answered your question more than once, and told you more than once, now three times, that it was based on her opinion of how she thought the game was played.

Quote:
I gave you an answer many posts before. You either missed my point the first time when I did, you chose not to answer my question, or you just didn't know the answer to it.

You're welcome.
CG tells you here that she gave you an answer the first time. And then proceeded with a sarcastic "Thank you."
Quote:
I understand what's going on just fine, thanks.
You claim to understand what's going on here, but based on your posts in this discussion, you sound clueless.
Quote:
AST, I see what you're saying, but she actually did answer your question with a question, but it seemed to have kind of gone over your head. She asked if you knew what penetration was in football terms. Generally, when you have a team that takes crazy risks early in a game, they do that based on what they know about the other team's defense. Seattle was clearly killing NE's defense. They just didn't execute at the end.
I tried to explain it to you here.
Quote:
I know what penetration is. And I don't believe that they were "killing" New England's defense, at least not through most of the first half. New England didn't even allow Wilson to complete a pass through most of the first half of the game. Regardless, Seattle is more of a defensive team while New England is generally more offensive. Without NE's defense showing up, they wouldn't have stood a chance against Seattle. Did they allow points to be scored? Yes. But so did Seattle. It was close just as predicted, and NE made a comeback and a great play at the end.

We can agree to disagree.
You basically said here what CG tried telling you at the very beginning of the discussion. Then you turn around and said "agree to disagree". Lol!

Quote:
Wrong. Seattle is better both as an offensive and defensive team. Like I said before, they have the best offensive coordinator in the league. Neither team did much in the first quarter. That's generally a time when both teams are trying to feel the other team out. The reason why most will decline a coin toss win. I don't think they did stand a chance against Seattle. Seattle just made a poor choice that cost them the game.
You said that Seattle is a more defensive team, and then said (as a in general statement) that NE was "generally" more offensive, which told me right there that you know little about football and didn't know what the hell you were talking about. I said you were wrong here because Seattle is better both as an offensive and defensive team. Those are facts, not opinions.
Quote:
Here, I never said your opinion was wrong. You tried turning a fact into an opinion so I checked you on it.
Quote:
Holy shit! YOU ARE SLOOOOOOOOOOW!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

That was like the best power nap ever. Today at work, it was incredibly busy. We were so behind. It felt so good to get home so I could relax. I didn't even eat dinner, yet. After I took a shower, I changed into my pajamas, sat on the couch, and started to doze off. Next thing I knew, I'm waking up two hours later in bed, lol. I was that tired.

Now it's time for some food. Lamb chops, rice and gravy, and a side salad. Yum.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 02-05-2015, 12:00 AM

Ugh. I love my car, but it sucks in snowy weather. I have a slight upward incline on my driveway (maybe 20 degrees) and my car was sliding all over the place - I had to back up all the way to the far end of the driveway and then punch it to get out today.