GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,966
1 members and 1,965 guests
Xidelt

Old 04-08-2005, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

New Philanthropy Event Needs Help

Hello lovely Thetas,

My chapter, Epsilon Lambda, is working on cordinating a large scale Singled Out event for ourcampus. We have the event all planned out, we're just having problems getting people to buy tickets.

We fought to get the event scheduled during Greek Week, but now none of the other groups seem to be stepping up and encouraging their members to come.

We really need to sell more tickets as soon as possible. Yesterday we attacked the campus with fliers and emailed groups, but there doesn't seem to be a large response. We're really worried that we'll have to cancel the event, which we don't want to do.

Does anyone have any ideas for getting people to come (especially the others)?

I think I'm going to email the other sororities' service chairs and we've talked about approaching people at dinner or by dorm storming.

Thank you so much for your help! We really want this event to be a success and right now we're just frustrated with the lack of enthusiasm from the campus. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

(This is also posted in the philanthropy forum.)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2005, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
At Iowa State, dinner announcements are used heavily to get the word out. Monday night is a big night for chapters to have their meetings, so that night is generally used the most. This is very successful. You could also follow this up by setting a certain deadline, i.e. ours was generally Saturday and then calling their service chairs mid-week to keep the idea in their heads.
What about offering some kind of deal where if the chapters buy like 10 (or 20) tix they get a group discount like a $1/off per tix. Or offer cheaper tix to buy in advance, if you aren't doing this already. I know that you're trying to raise money for charity, but some groups might see this as a good deal. Some chapters will still pay full price because it's a good cause. Are you running an add in your school paper?
Perhaps email the service chairs for other chapters might not be a bad idea. My chapter in college had a list serve (as did most chapters on our campus) and that way the message could be forwarded to the whole chapter with just a few clicks.
Best wishes!
Loyally,
Bekah