GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,716
2 members and 1,714 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 07-04-2009, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I have the same problem at my school! Small, private school. Plus the kids are not very school-spirited.
At our Zeta Days Convention thing one chapter told us about "Kidnapped".
They "kidnapped" every fraternity and sorority's president and gave them a "price" in order to get them back. The price usually wasn't money (maybe you could ask for money though) it was stuff for their philanthropy, for example, if your philanthropy was something about helping the homeless the "ransom note" would have a list of things you'd want to give to your local homeless shelter, such as canned food, etc. So while the frats and sororities are running around gathering said items, your p.o.w.'s are playing games and eating food while at your house. Also, fyi, before you do this make sure it's not a problem for the other greeks and make sure you "kidnap" them on a day there will be a good turn out from them, such as chapter meeting days.

If you need any more ideas I'm sure I have a few more. I'm also our chapter's fundraising/community service chair.
You can e-mail me at ztabriel@gmail.com
happy fundraising! lol
Old 09-05-2009, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Heree is a surefire winner

Water kefir grains! Buy them off ebay, get them from a friend, whatever you have to do.. They sell like hotcakes and grow to double their size in just 24-48 hours. You could sell a few tablespoons of these for about 5 dollars each. If you grow your own now, amass a ton of grains, you can really make a ton of cash. OK so with that said, make sure you use organic unsulphured dried fruit. Regular store bought dried fruit is not good enough, it will hurt the grains. Organic sugar, a giant glass jar, purified water, organic dried fruit, and PEELED store bought lemons is all you need. And the water kefir grains of course.

Hammilton
Old 11-04-2009, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe a spaghetti dinner at your xyz house. It would provide a way for interested member to come in and meet your chapter with low pressure, and supports to support.

Also, maybe has a chapter you could sell avon or mark and put the processed towards the chapter.

Sponsor some sort of competition and charge entry fees.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi, can anybody suggest me about fundraisers ?
Thanks in advance !
Old 11-24-2009, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

The Gamma Phi Beta chapter on my campus had parents weekend this past week. They had gift baskets that they had a silent auction for the parents, i believe they made something like $1,800 in a single night and great PR for their parents too.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know how your organization is about partying. But some at my university throw parties and charge at the door, $5 a head (besides ladies of course) or even promote a few at the local clubs.

You could also host a talent show and charge admission or can goods.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Give http://uearning.com a shot. It's an online fundraising program that apparently has an unlimited earning potential. You can basically have your friends and extended family do all of their shopping through the site and it raises money for a cause by paying commissions off all your purchases. So it's sort of a passive way of getting some good back from the purchases you had to make already. They also have some other products that are good, like selling credit cards or magazines. you could really make a lot of money from that.

actually, the best part is that it doesn't cost anything to sign up. you just set up and start promoting.

Last edited by Afanasi; 03-20-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Fan Cloth FREE/SIMPLE program to raise money.

FAN CLOTH

Hey,
How’s it going? This is: Derrell

Don’t worry I’m not trying to sell you anything.
Our company went to the coaches convention in Waco, Texas,
a few months ago, where we signed up almost 200 High Schools.

We had a ton of success, a lot of coaches are really excited about our program. I’d like to get you setup on a similar program.

It’s very simple…basically we create a custom catalog with your Team merchandise. It COST NOTHING TO GET STARTED.
( No budget required, Imagine that!!! )

NO MORE MANAGING of inventory.

You PROFIT $7.00 on EVERY item ordered.

We are helping high schools all over the country,
let us help you too.

We have a wide variety of products, including some
items you might normally be able to find, including:
Chrome Emblems and Football/Baseball (replica) shaker helmets.

Let us create a Custom Catalog for you and your teams.
Check out our website and give me a call.

Derrell / Fan Cloth -> 817-840-2004 -> www.fancloth.com
Old 01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

we do a pepperoni roll fundraiser every semester. Check around at pizza places in your area and see if any do this. we usually make $1.75 off each one we sell. we take the orders and collect money before hand to use to pay when we pick up the pepperoni rolls. they are easy to sell for aropund $3 and you can ask family/students/bosses/administration if you work on campus
Old 07-28-2011, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I can recommend a fundraiser that will also give the group a chance to mingle. You can have a get together and serve coffee - my company offers a free coffee fundraiser program - you can have a cup on us coffee and jazz mixer. Guest have a cup on you and purchase the coffee to go before leaving to sponsor your group, there is 50% profit and the coffee has healthy herbs infused in it 100% organic. It's a great opportunity have an upscale affair while getting sponsors. I do not want to advertise here if interested please let me know.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Lord, how the spam rolled in.

You might want to look around for organizations that need help.

In high school, National Honor Society chapter stuffed envelopes for local Democratic candidates and he paid us a $200 gratuity for doing it. He got cheap labor and we got some money. (It was a long, long time ago so $200 was more like $600. Not bad for around 4 hours of work for a handful of volunteers.)

My NHS chapter also worked the ticket booths for the municipal 4th of July carnival. We were paid for doing that. I don't remember how much.

My sorority chapter worked banquets for our school when community events were being held on campus. We waited tables and the food service paid the chapter for our time.

I ran a 5k for my kid's school last year. It's a lot of work but we made $2000. You need around 6-12 volunteers for a small 5k. We made about $10 per entrant, after we bought tshirts and refreshments and supplies. We used a local state park, so there were no rental fees for portapotties and we didn't have to close streets or hire security for the event. We paid $50 for renting a shelter, and bought race shirts for the entrants, and bought refreshments for after the race. We also had to pay for advertising and awards for the age group winners and signs to mark our race course. The event brought in a lot of money from outside our school community.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

my friend was fundraising chair at her chapter and they had a deal with a candy company to get money whenever someone clicks a link and buys something...it worked really well they all just tweeted the link like crazy