GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,340
0 members and 2,340 guests
No Members online

Old 07-29-2004, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
MMmmm... I can't believe I didn't sign this thread. Or maybe I have and I missed it.

I'll eat just about any time of roll as long as it doesn't have eel, squid or octopus in it. Never got used to the texture.

But salmon, tuna, and yellow tail are my fav pieces in sashimi dishes and I like rolls with avacado, cream cheese, and or cucumber.

Tokyo Fro's is kind of a trendy sushi place. But they make some cool creations.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2004, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere between Good Morning America and Jerry Springer.
I stick to the plain and simple. I like my kappa-maki (cucumber rolls).

This thread is making me hungry!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen
MMmmm... I can't believe I didn't sign this thread. Or maybe I have and I missed it.

I'll eat just about any time of roll as long as it doesn't have eel, squid or octopus in it. Never got used to the texture.

But salmon, tuna, and yellow tail are my fav pieces in sashimi dishes and I like rolls with avacado, cream cheese, and or cucumber.

Tokyo Fro's is kind of a trendy sushi place. But they make some cool creations.
I have never been to Tokyo Fro's but I have heard it is good. Mikuni's is very yummy
Old 07-29-2004, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Quote:
Originally posted by adpialumcsuc
I have never been to Tokyo Fro's but I have heard it is good. Mikuni's is very yummy
Yeah... Mikuni's is really good. Except you have about a 2 hour wait on most nights.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

i only eat sushi if it has been cooked. why do alot of people think that sushi is just raw fish? that is only one kind. they are many different kinds that are so good!! i know that i am nutty cause i like to put enough wasabi in the soy sauce to make tears come down my face. that is my adrenaline rush
Old 07-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Sushi is good.

No one I know around here likes it though.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-29-2004, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

MMM..I absolutely LOVE sushi. I love anything made with tuna or salmon -- rainbow rolls are awesome! I had my first tamago over spring break down in West Palm Beach.

I really love the simplicity of good sashimi. I'll try anything!

Too bad I am in Alabama though...there's a couple places here in Tuscaloosa that have sushi, but none that fantastic. I prefer to go home to Atlanta for sushi.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

the closest thing to sushi in Ames is the take-home sushi entrees at Hy-Vee's Chinese Express. Only the California rolls are good, and I dont trust their Salmon Rolls.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I love sushi! I really like California rolls, spicy tuna rolls and then the egg ones (can you tell I order by picture?). There's a great place in Indy called Mikado that I think is a chain. It's a great place to go with a lot of people and try a ton of different kinds.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I like it, but I wouldn't say I'm a sushi lover.

Any of the Boston people have favorites in the city? I've had Ginza, which was pretty good.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

i know i said it before, but i LOVE sushi. as long as it is not squid, eel, or octopus and only if it is cooked, i will eat it all
Old 07-29-2004, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Mr amycat loves to fish. He came home Sunday night with 200lbs of Albacore and Yellow Tail.

There is nothing better than the butter like consistency of albacore sashimi that has only been out of the ocean for a few hours...

Of course when we fish together and the mates whip up dorado ceviche from a dorado we've just caught--OMG so good!

I am a tuna, yellow tail, albacore, blue fin girl. Seared Ahi is one of my favs too.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by smiley21
i only eat sushi if it has been cooked. why do alot of people think that sushi is just raw fish? that is only one kind. they are many different kinds that are so good!! i know that i am nutty cause i like to put enough wasabi in the soy sauce to make tears come down my face. that is my adrenaline rush
Unfortunately, people are woefully misinformed... not all sushi is raw and not all sushi is made with fish, though the majority are.

Tamago (egg omelet) - Truly the sushi chef's hallmark; in Japan, a customer is well within his rights to walk out of the sushi bar if the sushi chef serves him a badly-made tamago.

Unagi (fresh water eel) - Always served cooked, broiled with a special soy-based sauce called tare.

Ebi (shrimp) This one's cooked. If you order ama ebi you'll get it served raw.

Wasabi soup! Nothing like a nuclear-strength sushi dip to clear up the sinuses! Some sushi chefs put in a little wasabi when assembling their sushi.

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 07-29-2004, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
I love unagi, sushi and sashimi.

I only like the smaller of the 2 main fish eggs... I forgot which one those are at the moment though.

Hopefully I'll have some nice authentic food next year, I'm a Japanese major and my roomie and I are planning on going abroad next summer.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaSigOU
Unfortunately, people are woefully misinformed... not all sushi is raw and not all sushi is made with fish, though the majority are.

Tamago (egg omelet) - Truly the sushi chef's hallmark; in Japan, a customer is well within his rights to walk out of the sushi bar if the sushi chef serves him a badly-made tamago.

Unagi (fresh water eel) - Always served cooked, broiled with a special soy-based sauce called tare.

Ebi (shrimp) This one's cooked. If you order ama ebi you'll get it served raw.

Wasabi soup! Nothing like a nuclear-strength sushi dip to clear up the sinuses! Some sushi chefs put in a little wasabi when assembling their sushi.
Thank you Chuck, for being the voice of reason.

Steam comes out of my ears whenever I hear "I hate sushi. I don't like eating raw fish."

My bar serves the best hamachi on the island, and once in a while I'll be naughty and take some wasabi home just so I can make wasabi soup to clear the sinuses!