GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,272
1 members and 1,271 guests
Cookiez17

Old 05-06-2016, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
I saw a license plate frame the other day for Beta Sigma Phi.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a guy wearing a TTKA jersey today as I was passing by Broadway/Diversey in Chicago.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I was in airport in Atlanta and saw the cutest tri delta sweatshirt a young girl was wearing. My daughter is a theta...but that was about the cutest sweatshirt I have seen in awhile. Wish I would have taken a picture of it.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I am currently in Sweden doing an internship and one of my chapter sisters is in the program as well. Lo and behold, the third day we were here we discovered that another one of our chapter sisters was here with a different program and staying in the same hotel! Across an entire ocean and we still managed to find a sister. The world really is small!
Old 05-18-2016, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I was in a meeting last week to discuss departmental "fun" activities and one of the women mentioned volunteering at the Ronald McDonald house and how she'd been in charge of coordinating this when she was in college. I asked her if she was an ADPi and she was! A few more people volunteered their affiliation and in that meeting we had an ADPi, a KKG, a DG, an AOII (me) and an AEPhi. I've worked with some of these women for years and never knew!
Old 05-18-2016, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
I was in a meeting last week to discuss departmental "fun" activities and one of the women mentioned volunteering at the Ronald McDonald house and how she'd been in charge of coordinating this when she was in college. I asked her if she was an ADPi and she was! A few more people volunteered their affiliation and in that meeting we had an ADPi, a KKG, a DG, an AOII (me) and an AEPhi. I've worked with some of these women for years and never knew!
Speaking of departmental 'fun' activities, you should all wear your NPC Badges With Pride on NPC's 2017 Badge Day next March!

If your current workplace policies won't allow you to wear them, you have nine months to attempt a policy change. Get the men at your workplace on board by asking them to wear their fraternal badges, too.

I always mark my calendar in mid-February so I remember to locate my badge before the big day.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Speaking of departmental 'fun' activities, you should all wear your NPC Badges With Pride on NPC's 2017 Badge Day next March!

If your current workplace policies won't allow you to wear them, you have nine months to attempt a policy change. Get the men at your workplace on board by asking them to wear their fraternal badges, too.

I always mark my calendar in mid-February so I remember to locate my badge before the big day.
Great idea! I always wear mine on Badge Day, but I haven't seen any others wearing badges, men or women. I don't think Badge Day is well known unless a person continues to be active with their Greek org like I am, but I'll make sure the rest of them know for next year!
Old 05-26-2016, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

At a resort in Playa del Carmen, I saw a young woman in a Chi Omega shirt.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

American Dad (I didn't find this, but it was posted in an FB group).
Old 07-01-2016, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Last night I was looking up episodes of this old Nickelodeon show I used to watch, 'My Brother and Me'. I was looking for a particular part/quote to send to my brother, I started this episode, and I noticed on the wall of their living room Greek items.. banners, paddles, etc. for Omega Psi Phi and Delta Sigma Theta! And of course this is a TV sitcom and furnishings never change, so they're in all the episodes.

It's only about 30 seconds into this episode when you see them:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xAfp_dLQT3g

It's funny how you miss stuff like this as a kid when you don't know what it is, but then discover it much later on.

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 07-01-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

my sister best friend got married today and the friend is a AKA so her sisters serenaded her before dinner which I thought was awesome, and now I'm googling what gamma phi serenades I can do for my wedding 10 years down the line, between love labor learning and loyalty or remember

Old 07-04-2016, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Remember is the traditional choice.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

As is Dream Girl for Delta Gammas -
Old 07-09-2016, 06:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Flying out of Raleigh this morning, I saw lots and lots of pink and green and ivy leaves... Alpha Kappa Alphas headed to Atlanta for Boule. Excited, happy, beautiful women...

Old 07-09-2016, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

My sister was just home for a visit and she and our cousin (both Zetas and chapter sisters for 2 overlapping years) took their kids out for ice cream. There was a group of three friends waiting in line just ahead of them, one of whom was wearing a Zeta sweatshirt. So, they excitedly introduced themselves, but it turns out she wasn't a Zeta and had "borrowed the sweatshirt from one of her friends." So, they thought one of the other two friends was the Zeta...but no, none of them were. So, my sister and cousin went from being to being .