GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,577
1 members and 1,576 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 02-12-2014, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Should i drop out of my sorority?

I became a pledge 2 weeks ago and i just don't feel like i belong. There were 2 girls during rush week i got close to but they didn't get in. There are now me and 3 other pledges and i just don't feel close to them. I kind of feel isolated, it's kind of a chore for me to go to their events. The reason i wanted to join was so i could make lifelong friends. I also barely drink (i want to compete for a fitness competition in the next few months) and in general ive never been a drinker. Also i felt VERY left out at frat parties my sorority has, everyone drinks and i don't like going there. I even already skipped 2 frat parties. We are also a local sorority(i know there's a forum for this, but "recruitment" seemed more appropriate). We also don't have a house. I mean i really want to make friends and socialize more but i don't know about this sorority. Should i just drop out? Also it's quite small, as in 20 of us, and we go to 4 different colleges around the area.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:01 PM

If you skip things it won't help your feelings of isolation. You don't have to drink, but you do have to not judge those who are doing so.

With only 20 people total in the sorority, not feeling close to your pledge class really isn't a concern. Get the work done that you have to do as a class and don't stress about it.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

That is a hard situation but I would ask yourself a few questions in weighing this decision. Certainly a bunch of strangers online tell you yes you should do this or no. But if I were in your shoes I would consider these things.

Can you find any positive traits about the sorority?

Aside from making friends, was there anything about the sorority's overall mission that spoke to you, in your desire to join?

Have you tried to branch out and talk to the other members outside of the party setting?

I would look at things beyond just the immediate issues and see if these issues are going to persist in the long-term? I wish you the best in whatever you decide.