GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,188
1 members and 2,187 guests
Titchou

Old 07-16-2001, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Wal-Mart vs. Target vs. K-Mart

Which of the 3 stores is your favorite??

I choose TARGET (pronounced tar zhay )
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2001, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I have two favorites.

WAL_MART (I can't come out of there without at least $50 worth of stuff! = my husbands face when he sees the receipt!!) for all of those everyday things like soap, tissue paper, toothpaste etc...

But I love TARGET for my kids clothes. They have the cutest things that are pretty reasonable.

I live in Houston, and K-MART is trying to come up on their kids clothes. But the other two stores are my favorite.
Old 07-16-2001, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

It depends. The Walmart on my near my campus is a Super-Walmart meaning they have everything from the grocery department to electronics. I usually do my grocery shopping there and I save a lot of money.

Target is also the bomb. They have some cute clothes. Everytime I go into Target I end up living with a shirt, some shorts, or something. Especially since they started caring Mossimo(sp). I've seen shirts for $15 in Target that were $35-$40 in Marshall Fields.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Target (Tar-jay).

Walmart is the devil.(As gramma would say) Why? Because you absolutley cannot leave with just one item. No matter how hard you try. I've even bought things I really have no use for just because the price was too good.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Walmarts without a doubt. I luvs me some Walmart. Great layaway plan, 2 whole months, longer if you keep paying on it. You may cancel layaway without a fee. Usually no long waits in line. Reasonable priced, I can go on and on.
Hate Target, too darn high! I owe them $100 more, cutting up that card.
Kmart is a big junk store.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER:
Mine would have to be WAL-MART hands down! It the best place in the world. I go to Wal-Mart sometimes just when I'm bored because there's always someone up there I know plus they sell everything under the sun. Where I live, we have a Wal-Mart super center and it's one stop shopping. Everything in my dorm room came from there. Its a grocery store, pet shop, restaurant, clothing store, beauty supply shop, toy store, furniture store, best buy, and home depot all rolled into one. Did you know Wal-Mart even sells packs of synthetic hair for only 97 cents a pack?! I wouldn't be surprised if Wal-Mart started selling cars in the future.

Where do you live where they sale synthetic hair at Wal-Mart? And especially for 97 cents? I have never seen that!! lol Do you live in an area with majority African-Americans?
I prefer Wal-Mart for certain things like soap, detergent, deoderant, etc, but I prefer Target for items like clothing, decorations for the dorm room, etc.
At my school, people go to Wal-Mart midnight to 4:00 in the morning to hang out and play with the toys, and take pictures when bored or after leaving I-Hop.
I dislike Wal-Mart's commercials, because they false advertise. In the comercials, you see Betty and her 2 friends walking down the aisle side by side. You know it is hard enough doing that by myself, and the lines are always long!!! lol
Old 07-16-2001, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I don't know what it is about this store, but I can't break away from it. I love me some Walmart! I can't buy clothes there though. I don't like the selection. But I buy just about everything else there.

Second runner up is Tar zhay, as I like to call it. There prices are a little higher than Walmart. But I like the selection on certain items.

And I think I just outgrew K-Mart. I just refuse to go there.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Cool topic!!

Now I just don't know why I have not been to a Wal-Mart yet especially since I know of 2 that are 15-20 minutes away from me.

I fell in love with Target (where are you all getting this Tar-jay from?) I love the layout of the store, the housewares items (they give me so many wonderful ideas), and especially the clothes for me and my kids. I'm with you Chi on K-mart. It is too junky, not organized right, and I can't find nothing. Most of the stuff they advertise on sale I can't find it when I get there. I do like the Martha Stewart stuff they have. That is all.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Wellll....

Walmart is TOO CROWDED. To me, the cut prices do not justify having to deal w/ all those people. Also, the types of merchandise is too varied and the selection of specific merchandise is too limited.

I worked at KMart for a minute back in the day. I still have a bad taste in my mouth so I only go there when they have something specific on sale when noone else does.

So I'll have to say that I like Target best out of these choices. Target reminds me of the old Clover (was a division of Strawbridge and Clothier before they were bought out by the May Company). The selection is better, the stores are better organized and the merchandise is good quality for the price.

------------------
MCCOYRED
Mu Psi '86
BaltCo Alumnae

Dynamic...Salient...Temperate...Since 1913
Old 07-16-2001, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER:
Mine would have to be WAL-MART hands down! It the best place in the world. I go to Wal-Mart sometimes just when I'm bored because there's always someone up there I know plus they sell everything under the sun. Where I live, we have a Wal-Mart super center and it's one stop shopping. Everything in my dorm room came from there. Its a grocery store, pet shop, restaurant, clothing store, beauty supply shop, toy store, furniture store, best buy, and home depot all rolled into one. Did you know Wal-Mart even sells packs of synthetic hair for only 97 cents a pack?! I wouldn't be surprised if Wal-Mart started selling cars in the future.

I agree with you...Wal-mart!!!! Walmart !!!!!! Wal-mart. The Super Wal-mart where I live ran K-mart out of business. At school we eat, sleep and breathe Wal-mart Although Wal-mart is getting kind of up there with those prices. I don't think ol Sam Walton wanted it that way!!!! I went to Target for the first time a couple of weeks ago but I really didn't look around. I can never go in there and just come right back out and I am also guilty of spending at least $50 everytime I go in there. Everytime I get in there I see something else I think I need but will never use. I also go to Wal -mart just to walk around and see people. i knwo that is pitiful. I am having Super Wal-mart withdrawals out here in Cali...I can't wait to get back to Alabama.

------------------
29 Jewels of N.V. # 1
Delta Delta Chapter
Old 07-16-2001, 09:08 PM
kissy324

Oh, I just love me some Target. I can go in that store and stay for hours. It's never overcrowded and cluttered like Wal-Mart.

I would have to say Super K-mart is the runner up, but Target is the grand prize winner.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:35 PM
c&c1913

Being that our K-Mart closed years ago and we have never had a Target, it's got to be Super Wally World!!! Sometimes when get I get bored I just go there and always manage to run into someone I know.

------------------
Spring 1997- Theta Nu
#22 "Prestigious"
24 Reflections of Perfection

[This message has been edited by c&c1913 (edited July 16, 2001).]
Old 07-16-2001, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Target!! Cause i work for another store in the corporation. So I get my discount!!!
WalMart is the runner up! I like late night shopping at walmart!!
Old 07-16-2001, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I'd have to say that my favorite store is Target with Walmart coming in a strong second and then Kmart because they always have the things you need on sale when you need them most.

------------------
All of our dreams can come true- if we have the courage to pursue them.
Old 07-16-2001, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I like Target best. I just like the store itself. There's just something about that store that makes me happy when I walk in! Aaaahhhh! LOL Ok, I'll stop being silly. But Target is the one for me. And they just built one RIGHT around the corner from me, so I'm extremely happy. My friend and I go there so much, I'm afraid they know us!
I like Wal-mart as well for the prices. But it's way too crowded. Everything is on top of everything. But those sales are madd tight. I love when they have those family size Hawaiian punches on sale! My eyes just light up! lol
But I think my favorite, FAVORITE store is Meijer. Does anyone have these around? It is essentially like a Super K or Super Walmart where it has clothes AND groceries. But probably looks different organizationally and stuff.

[This message has been edited by ZChi4Life (edited July 17, 2001).]