GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,924
0 members and 1,924 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2019, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Need help with washing greek letters

I just washed my new greek letter shirt and the blue shirt ran onto the yellow letters. I washed it on hand wash, inside out in cold water. I laid it flat to dry as instructed. How do I get the blue off the yellow letters? thank you.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Try spraying Oxyclean on the parts where it bled over and wash again.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Try Carbona Color Run Remover. That will frequently work. Then in the future, wash it with Carbona Color Grabber.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ hey! are you a quilter also? I was going to suggest color catchers, and I've also used a few other products when I know colors are going to run, especially the damned reds that I love so much. Have had fair to good luck with synthrapol and retayne AS PREWASHES! NOT in this case though. Would use color catchers as you suggested and hope for the best.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 08-21-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
^^^ hey! are you a quilter also? I was going to suggest color catchers, and I've also used a few other products when I know colors are going to run, especially the damned reds that I love so much. Have had fair to good luck with synthrapol and retayne AS PREWASHES! NOT in this case though. Would use color catchers as you suggested and hope for the best.
I've seen my way through a few stacks of fat quarters in my life, but I don't know if the results would make me a quilter. Ha!

I've never tried these products on stitched letter running, but you might as well try it since I've seen Carbona work a few miracles. In my experience, of their products are excellent.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
As a fellow quilter, I too was going to suggest color catchers. No need to go to quilt shops to find them. I get a product from Shout in the laundry section of the grocery store. Depending how much I suspect that a color might run, I add 1-3 sheets to the wash.

DaffyKD