GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,224
3 members and 1,221 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD, TLLK

Old 07-31-2002, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Initiation clothing help!

I need an outfit I can wear to initiations, and I wanted something fairly professional (so I could wear it to work and get more use out of it) and not too trendy (so I don't have to look for a new dress next year, because buying all white is a pain). Well, I ended up buying a white suit at Express, but it's a pants suit, not a skirt. Do ya'll think that is OK? As far as I remember, the girls always wear dresses (and that's what I see in the Quill), but I can't remember for the life of me what any alums ever wore.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Well, if its "dressy", I'm sure it would be fine. I've seen just about everything imaginable at initiation at convention from plain white dresses to white dresses with colored trim to pants to beige dresses right down to a dress with huge navy blue polka dots.

I have a matching white skirt and shirt that I wear. During the year I wear the pieces individually.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Ha ha, I PROMISE you there are no navy polka dots!

I got a blouse (ribbon inset shirt). The pants are boot cut and a little stretchy, and the jacket is blazer-ish. But the Express site doesn't have good pictures of them.

And to think I was afraid to buy something with colored trim ...

I've seen some awful initiation clothes, even ones that were white dresses. Like, "Did you get that from your grandma?" or "Ooh, look, she's a naughty nurse!" But I guess you get desperate when you realize in February you need a white dress! At least we weren't required to wear white slips, like I know some other groups are.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

We all wore our big sisters dresses. It was nice because I wouldn't be caught dead in a white dress otherwise! I am sure that your outfit is just fine.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:14 AM
GreekChat Member

At my chapter the dress has to be, a dress, with no colors at all, but I've seen a lot of chapters do different things, I'm sure if the suit is nice it will be fine.
When I joined we did Pledge-in in white dresses too! It was horrible, they were like, you have a week to find a white dress and white closed toed shoes, and I pledged in September, right after Laborday, mind you I know that people wear white after labor day now, but tryinto find a white dress and white shoes was not fun!
Old 08-11-2002, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

fuzzie - your outft sounds awesome. at my initiation there were several alums wearing pant suits so i wouldnt worry at all!
Old 08-11-2002, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

A nice pantsuit should be just peachy, don't worry about it at all...at an SAI initiation I was at a girl actually wore a white sheet wrapped around herself, over her head and all...it was hilarious and I give her points for creativity!