GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,354
2 members and 1,352 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 12-29-2007, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Good stuff, and timeless.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I still crack up everytime I read the thread where Allona (the real boy) said, "Nice Tie" and PhiGam proudly responded, "it's either Brooks Brothers or Ralph Lauren".
Until he said it, I thought it was definitely a K-Mart blue light special.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Have an answer to the following question : what would you bring to XYZ (or something in that same vain)? I’m not saying be cocky or lie about anything, but it’s a common question and a good answer will go a long way.

2. be conversational, keep those one word answers to a minimum and unless you have already gotten to know the brothers be ready to ask a question or two yourself especially about the fraternity .

3. Oh yea, and everyone always says it but please have a bit of Discretion. Honestly, don’t tell a brother how many girls you’ve banged since high school (even if they ask, because its probably better in the long run to skirt the issue) or tell them any stories that might make you look crazy or like a total drunk. Remember, brothers hold rushee’s to a different standard than they do other brothers or even pledges sometimes.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdxeric View Post
I think you think that he's trolling, and I'm not so sure. This list is actually pretty reasonable... a bit Southern on the cursing and doors, but not that absurd, and doesn't seem like it was calculated to annoy you personally. What I'm trying to say is that I think this could be a good/informative thread, so just ease up a bit, please?
Either they find chivalry offensive or they have nothing better to do then follow around somebody on a message board and criticize their posts. Just because 10% of my posts could be viewed as offensive, I do that because my threads get more views/ hour than any other poster on here.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
It's a north/south thing. I was stunned when I first moved down here and men ALWAYS opened the door for me, or even stopped midway though and backed out so I could go through first, looked at me funny when I waited for them to get off the elevator because they were closer to the door, and apologized when they swore in front of me (it's funny to me, because my potty mouth is just as bad a s theirs).
Perhaps some posters prefer "men" who let the door slam on their face or rush out of the plane/elevator in front of them.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGam View Post
Perhaps some posters prefer "men" who let the door slam on their face or rush out of the plane/elevator in front of them.
It's not a North/South thing. Men all over do this. It's not so much chivalrous as it is common courtesy for any human to do for another. From time to time, I do this for men without thinking. However I have found many Yankee men find it uncomfortable.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdxeric View Post
Not to say that PhiGam has everything right or that I agree with him 100%, but this is the Fraternity Recruitment forum. Men don't typically come into the Sorority Recruitment forum and criticize Panhellenic Recruitment, so I think that some measure of restraint would be in order here. Just like I'll never really understand Panhellenic Recruitment, no woman will ever fully understand IFC/NIC rush. If someone comes in here saying ridiculous things, please at least let the men have a chance to respond before you blast.
I have to agree with you and PhiGam on this thread, but when it comes to the Three A's, you have to add A|X and Hollister to the no list.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
I have to agree with you and PhiGam on this thread, but when it comes to the Three A's, you have to add A|X and Hollister to the no list.
I didn't mention the three a's in this thread because this is for all colleges, not just the southern/ fratty ones. I agree with you 100% about the way that fraternity men should dress but its not nationwide, if you wear boat shoes and croakies in the midwest they'll laugh at you the same way that we laugh at people wearing cargo shorts with an abercrombie muscle tee.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
It's not a North/South thing. Men all over do this. It's not so much chivalrous as it is common courtesy for any human to do for another. From time to time, I do this for men without thinking. However I have found many Yankee men find it uncomfortable.
I never said it was a north/ south thing. It is certainly more prevalent in the south though.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think there's a difference between opening the door and holding it if you get to the door first and going out of your way to open the door (i.e. stepping in front for the sole purpose of opening the door). The former is natural, the latter is chivalrous.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What the hell is wrong with that?
My delicate feminine eyes/ears! :::Faints::::
Old 12-29-2007, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
PhiGam will agree, you should try this look during rush. It will go over well at UCLA, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Florida.... It's a timeless look

Old 12-29-2007, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
^^^LOLOLOL - that kid in the middle is definitely wearing make-up (and he needs his tweezers taken away -- actually, they all do).
Old 12-29-2007, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

is that a spray on man tan?
Old 12-29-2007, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
PhiGam will agree, you should try this look during rush. It will go over well at UCLA, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Florida.... It's a timeless look

O no no no. Please for the love of God, no.