GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,416
1 members and 2,415 guests
naraht

Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I will put my plug in for BSPhi. Each chapter is very much like their own. We all share the same principals, meanings, rituals, etc. but there is a lot of flexibility. There are also different types of chapters. We have online, career, and traditional chapters. And each has different monthly meeting requirements.

I know the feeling of wanting to start your own GLO and it may seem some what difficult when you aren't a part of a GLO in college, but community based organizations can be wonderful and can fulfill the sisterhood bond you are seeking.

If you have really thought out all aspects of starting an organization I wish you the best of luck. But you should also look into other organizations and give them a chance. Beta Sigma Phi is known as the Friendship Club by some. We welcome women of different backgrounds, ages, locations, etc. Every state in America and Province of Canada has at least one chapter so there are so many opportunities to meet women all around the world.

If I were you, I would at least email National and ask. It is sooo easy to start your own land chapter as well. All you need is seven women. And National will gladly guide you to starting your own.

If you have researched and found that for some reason these organizations can't offer what you need there might be other ones such as the Lion's Club. But if you want to start your own organization just know that the road is a tough one. But if it weren't for people like that none of our GLO's would have been established...and when I think of it that way, you have my support. Best of luck.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

@ PAS, Thank you for this information. I am very interested in Beta Sigma Phi International Sorority. Your organization its history is out of this world as well. Also, I love the lineage for my children because I believe in the ability to pass down this life long opportunity and sisterhood as a major plus. Please send me a message regarding morning information about your organization.

Thanks,
Tye
Old 08-19-2012, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Morning (it's 2:11am on the East Coast) and I'm new here. However, @Bossladybeau, I do not knock what you are trying to do but, as a non-collegiate sorority, they do take the heat and are joked upon and made fun of by collegiate sororities. Why? I have not the slightest idea because I thought at the end of the day Collegiate or Non, everyone stands together and it's ALL about the "Sisterhood". But, it seems like I'm sadly mistaken.Those of Non-Collegiate status are kind of (if I could use a term) "Cast Out". Do I think it's right? Absolutely not because at some point through EVERY Sorority there is a cause within the communities that cross the path of another Sorority therefore, the goal of it serving the community is all the same. I say start your own, be the leader and if it's a dream of yours, please live it out. Life is too short! Make sure the women you have that stand with you are ready to receive both the positive and the negative feedback you all will receive. I applaud you for this and be not intimidated! Step out on Faith and Make It Happen! You may not know....one day we may cross paths too!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:49 PM

This was an oldie but a goodie about non-collegiate sororities:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ghlight=adults
Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

@CutiePie2000 very interesting. Thank you for Sharing.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASONGBIRD4EVER View Post
However, @Bossladybeau, I do not knock what you are trying to do but, as a non-collegiate sorority, they do take the heat and are joked upon and made fun of by collegiate sororities.
Please point to one place in this thread where anyone has knocked non-collegiate sororities. Seems to me that this thread is full of plugs for already-existing non-collegiate sororities. What is being knocked is the idea of starting a new group without looking into what's already out there.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossladybeau View Post
Hey everyone...Greeks and non-Greeks.
I am currently creating a local community sorority in Fayetteville NC.
It would be non-collegiate of course. We are using Greek letters. We currently have 4 Greek letters. It is for people that have always wanted to be in a sorority but for any reason could not do so. We will still be doing community service and be loving and caring to ourselves and each other. Well I wanted to know would we have to go through anything to make it official. Like go through any boards like NPC....help please!!!!

Polishing off many age-old threads tonight. Where did you land, bosslady? I am in NC too, and I was looking at BSPhi and ESA...