GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 611
0 members and 611 guests
No Members online

Old 09-08-2018, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I may be showing my age here, but every time you mentioned the Scorpions, I thought of them.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay for Kappa! My friend's daughter is a senior in that chapter and she's fabulous. But I'm biased. Sister Havana, you're not alone, but I've always been a metal chick.

For you, SH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzFlPdHt1Gk
Old 09-08-2018, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

TriDDDeltgirl, that is a smart move. As long as steps have been taken to correct Scorpion's actions, that is all that is important. Your daughter handled the situation with such maturity and tact. You should be very proud of her!

Quick question about your Alabama recruitment thread: Are you starting a new thread or continuing in this one? Thanks!
Old 09-09-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
I may be showing my age here, but every time you mentioned the Scorpions, I thought of them.
Ha ha me too. 80s hair bands would be great code names for a rush story!
Old 09-09-2018, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSKKG View Post
TriDDDeltgirl, that is a smart move. As long as steps have been taken to correct Scorpion's actions, that is all that is important. Your daughter handled the situation with such maturity and tact. You should be very proud of her!

Quick question about your Alabama recruitment thread: Are you starting a new thread or continuing in this one? Thanks!
Thank you!
I’m going to start a new thread!
Old 09-09-2018, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! I'll be looking for it.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota_JWH View Post
I am continually surprised at Scorpion showing up. I would have thought this chapter would have been ranked LAST after the first round of parties? Scorpion is only being rewarded for their behavior. I guess the pull of a "top rated" chapter is stronger than a PNMs actual experience with that chapter.
Scorpion is not “top rated” and was ranked last everyday. DD3 had enough cuts for scorpion to always be on her schedule.

I appologize for not thinking of this situation. I have read a lot of these stories where the OP says a house is "top rated", but they didn't really like the actives and knew it wasn't for them, but still rank it higher than the newest chapter where she had a pleasant, but not terrific conversation. I wonder how a "lower-rated"chapter ever gets higher return rates. But that is another thread.

Congrats to DD3 for becoming a member of her favorite chapter from the start! I was very impressed with her response to the unexpected phone call from the Rho Chi.

I am VERY glad that Scorpions will get the adult supervision they so require!
Old 09-10-2018, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Story

My daughter was a member of Pi Beta Phi at UofA. I coached a girl that went Kappa last year. Both are very good chapters with great reputations. She will have a ball.

I do think I know what Chapter Scorpian is. Honestly, I don't get why Chapters try to cheat the system. If you have to cheat to get the girls you want what does that say about your Chapter?