GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,149
1 members and 1,148 guests
AOIIalum

Old 05-06-2008, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Brett D.
Chapter/School: Psi Lamda, Rust College Holly Springs, MS
Pledged: Spring 1992
Offices I've Held: N/A
Why I Joined APO: Was in the scouts when I was younger
Anything Else: Just want to say hello to all my brothers of APO! Yo Vike!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello All!

Name: Anecia
Chapter/School: Sigma Iota /Valdosta State
Pledged: Spring 07
Offices I've Held: Pledge Class Pres, and chapter VP of Service
Why I Joined APO: I enjoyed helping people and volunteering and I liked the idea of volunteering with others.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Skype™ to PADFSUGirl2K2
Welcome Anecia
Old 05-08-2008, 07:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome Brett and Anecia!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Eleutheria
I just took over as president of the Gamma Sigma chapter of the University of Chicago. Michelle Obama is one of our re-charter advisors.

We'll be going to the National Convention for the first time this year, 2008. We're very excited!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Eleutheria
I just took over as president of the Gamma Sigma chapter of the University of Chicago. Michelle Obama is one of our re-charter advisors.

We'll be going to the National Convention for the first time this year, 2008. We're very excited!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post

As in the wife of the Candidate for the Democratic Party's nomination for president? And do you have a good source that I can use for Wikipedia on this?

I've been working on the Notable Alpha Phi Omega Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Omega_members) for quite some time and I know that people get picky about sources.

I'm personally *not* doubting you. (Michelle Obama is listed in the Fraternity membership records as having joined with Gamma Sigma on April 6th, 1997 and according to her Wikipedia Biography "In 1996, Obama served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, where she developed the University's Community Service Center.")

Note for those of you keeping score on the Presidential Candidates and their wives APO wise. (As far as I know)

Hillary Clinton is an honorary brother of SUNY-Plattsburgh (Alpha Beta Chi)
Bill Clinton is a brother (joined as an undergraduate) of Georgetown University (Mu Alpha)
Barack Obama none
Michell Obama is a brother (joined as an advisor)
John McCain none (But there is *a* John McCain who is listed in the Membership rolls as becoming a brother at Pi Delta chapter at Western Carolina University in 1975)
Cindy McCain none
Old 05-21-2008, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Talked to the National Office. They confirm a Michelle Obama as a rechartering advisor at Gamma Sigma and are pretty sure that is the person who we think it is. They aren't really pushing her as best as I can tell because right now she is *theoretically* transitorially notable. Were everything to fall apart for Sen. Obama's campaign between now and the Democratic convention, her notability as a US Senator's wife would probably not qualify her. (Though with university presidents from the 1940s on the list...) As wife of the Democratic Nominee for President, I think probably, as First Lady, definitely.

To me, her situation is somewhere between that of President Clinton and Senator Clinton. Like President Clinton, she joined before she was at all famous. Like Senator Clinton she hasn't been an active brother.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Ashleigh
Chapter/School: Delta Iota/Mercer University
Pledged: Fall 2007
Offices I've Held: Pledge Class Historian, Chapter Historian
Why I Joined APO: I wanted to join a respectable organization and serve the community.
Anything Else: I love my chapter more than I ever thought I would.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome

Welcome to the Forum!

YiLFS
Randolph Finder
Kappa Chapter alumnus
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to maxdielr Send a message via Yahoo to maxdielr

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Name:[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] Maxdiel ( I’m a girl =))
Chapter/School: TCC-PG
Offices I've Held: treasure (currently=))
Why I Joined APO: I love helping people, volunteering and having fun, I meet the president of my PG and others members at the new student orientation and in rush week I ask my BBF to join APO with me and I love it, everybody got along really well and joining APO was the best decision I could ever make [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Anything else: [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']soon we will became a chapter yeah so, I can’t wait [/FONT]
Old 06-21-2008, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdielr View Post
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Name:[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] Maxdiel ( I’m a girl =))
Chapter/School: TCC-PG
Offices I've Held: treasure (currently=))
Why I Joined APO: I love helping people, volunteering and having fun, I meet the president of my PG and others members at the new student orientation and in rush week I ask my BBF to join APO with me and I love it, everybody got along really well and joining APO was the best decision I could ever make [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Anything else: [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']soon we will became a chapter yeah so, I can’t wait [/FONT]
Welcome and rock on TCC!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Skype™ to PADFSUGirl2K2
TCC as in Tallahassee Community College?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Tarrant County

TCC is one of the campuses of Tarrant County College which is the County that Ft. Worth, Texas is in.

Love to see Tallahassee Community College come back as well.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gxman
So I randomly bumped into this forum while trying to look deeper into what APO is really about. Good thing too!! Im looking to become more active and meet more brothers to ask for help/guidance along the way to re-chartering.

Name: Gian
Chapter/School: Omega Sigma/ Cal State University - Fullerton (Petitioning Group)
Pledged: May 2007
Offices I've Held: None (Yet)
Why I Joined APO: One of my best friends down in San Diego told me all about APO and what LFS means. My friend on campus randomly came up to me about helping him re-charter APO at CSUF and the rest is history.
Anything Else: Apparently I have family members who are brothers in APO in the Philippines. They have been very excited to see me act as a founding father and taken involvment in what they were once a part of.