GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 09-24-2005, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
New Colonies or Re-establishments?

Has anyone heard if AXiD is going to open at a new school or re-establish? I've seen that other GLO's are I'm just wondering about us.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 10-28-2005, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

New Colony at Monmouth University (NJ)

From the website:

10/27/2005 - Alpha Xi Delta to Colonize at Monmouth University

Alpha Xi Delta is thrilled to accept the invitation to colonize at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey. The Princeton Review named Monmouth one of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduate education, in its 2006 The Best 361 Colleges Guide. Alpha Xi Delta will join the Monmouth Panhellenic Council along with five other NPC sororities. Colonization for the Monmouth colony will begin mid November 2005. If you desire more information about our colonization efforts or how you can assist with the colony please contact Gretchen Knight, Extension/Marketing Manager at gknight@alphaxidelta.org.

ETA: According to their Greek Life webpage, the current NPC groups are AST, DFE, FSS, TFA and ZTA.

Last edited by WCUgirl; 10-28-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm from there :)

Hey everyone!

I've been watching the posts for awhile, but I just signed up today. I'm one of the leaders of the interest group at Monmouth. We're SO excited to have Alpha Xi Delta coming to campus!!! Has anyone here started an AZD colony that may like to give us some pointers? We have interviews and stuff coming up and are getting pretty nervous because we've worked so hard to have this happen!!!! Thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't started a colony or anything but the ladies that make the best AXiDs are ladies that are just themselves and don't try to be something that they are not. So my suggestion is just be yourself. Have fun and hopeful you will become a sister.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Calling Amanda!

I bet you have some good encouraging advice!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Here's the link to the announcement on the WPI Panhellenic web page for the newest Alpha Xi Delta colony

http://users.wpi.edu/~panhel/

Yeah for the newest colony of Alpha Xi Delta!!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww yay for them!!! Kinda sad that we're not gonna be the babies anymore! haha
Old 04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Yeah we get another chapter

Old 04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

And here's the fraternity's official announcement about the WPI colonization - posted on www.alphaxidelta.org

4/5/2006 - Alpha Xi Delta Invited to Colonize at Worcester Polytechnic Institute
National Council is proud to announce that Alpha Xi Delta has been invited to colonize at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Massachusetts. Founded in 1865, WPI was one of the nation's earliest technological universities with where females make up roughly 25% of the nearly 3,000 student body.
Alpha Xi Delta will join a strong Greek community that includes two NPC sororities, Alpha Gamma Delta and Phi Sigma Sigma, and eleven national fraternities. Alpha Xi Delta volunteers and staff will conduct the colonization recruitment beginning in late fall 2006. A campus public relations campaign to generate excitement and interest in Alpha Xi Delta will be conducted just prior to recruitment.

As with all successful colonizations, WPI will need support from our members—both collegiate and alumnae. From serving in a volunteer capacity to providing financial support, there will be many opportunities to be a part of this wonderful opening! Alumnae interested in more information about our colonization efforts or how you can assist with the colony can contact
headquarters.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Any one heard anything about the colonization at Worcester Polytechnic Institute? According to the panhellenic website recruitment started on the 23rd (yesterday).

Old 09-28-2006, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flirt5721 View Post
Any one heard anything about the colonization at Worcester Polytechnic Institute? According to the panhellenic website recruitment started on the 23rd (yesterday).
According to the WPI web site recruitment starts 11/2 (http://users.wpi.edu/~panhel/recruitment.html)

and according to the Alpha Xi Delta site (http://www.alphaxidelta.org/wpi/join.asp)
we will be participating in the first round of recruitment events and then recruiting colony members after that.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Ladies,

It looks like we've been invited to present at Northwestern! That would be an AWESOME university for an Alpha Xi chapter. I started a thread in Greek Life w/ a link to the article. Sigma Delta Tau and Zeta Tau Alpha will also be presenting. They will be done sometime in the next thirty days.

Speaking of WPI, I LOVE the section on our national website for info about the colonization (AZ-AlphaXi posted the link above).
Old 10-17-2006, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm doing some dirty work on here...for a friend....

Ya'll dont have to answer in public if you dont want to....but what are the chances of a colony never getting installed? Has that ever happened before? where the colony just...fell apart? I know some colonies take much longer than others, and HQ would probably keep info on the down-lo if that ever happened....but what are the chances of that actually happening?

Last edited by amanda6035; 10-17-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Amanda,

Thinking through our colonizations in recent years, none spring to mind as just having "fallen apart." I can think of an interest group that approached us that unfortunately could not get to what we felt was a viable size to allow us to pledge them, but when we do decide to colonize somewhere, that generally has gone very well -- as I said, can't think of an exception. Hope that helps your friend!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

AZD, well all sororities for that matter, does an incredible amount of research and preparation prior to colonizing a chapter, so they rarely fail. If its a large school, such as AOII at Univ of Arkansas where the investment for the the house alone is $4-5 million....it took/will take many many thousands to colonize and get that group off the ground. God knows your chapter took thousands and you were small!

I'd think if you are going to lose a chapter, it would be in the first few years. You have to build a strong base and hope they "stay alive" and passionate after the newness wears off. And pray you get NM's who are just as passonate. A good rule of thumb....it takes a minimum of 5 years for a chapter to really get off their feet, no matter the size or the school...some can take longer than that. What I think is important is you not only have a strong chapter, but also a strong alumnae and advisor base who will stick with the chapter for more than the regular 1-2 year term. New chapters need to have consistancy from an advisor level.

I know when I took on Iota Theta, I made a personal commitment of 4-5 years...to graduate that first class and make sure the chapter was strong. We're in year 3, but I don't see myself going anywhere anytime soon. LOL! I know you're thrilled right Amanda? HA, maybe I should ask how thrilled your new members are!

Sorry I rambled....I'm getting tired.