GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,507
2 members and 2,505 guests
ajehnztsa1361, Cookiez17

Old 05-17-2004, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappaccino?

Eta Alpha has plans to use this for our deferred recruitment next winter and we were wondering if anyone has the recipe. Please let me know! Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-20-2004, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Is there a particular "kappaccino" recipe or are you looking for a generic cappaccino recipe? Just to clarify! Also-instant or using fresh espresso? Let me know!
Old 05-20-2004, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

We have been hearing from a couple chapters that there is a Kappa Kappaccino recipe that some chapters use for recruitment. I have been told it's a majority of chocolate sauce and milk (= chocolate milk) and just a small portion of coffee. I've heard that PNMs really seem to like it, even if they don't like coffee and it makes a great impression! Please let me know if you know the recipe I'm talking about? Thanks!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, there are two different ideas I have...
One is an actual "kappaccino" recipe I found online-
Chilled Kappaccino Recipe
Ingredients:
1 Gallon whole milk
2 Cups very strong coffee
3 Teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 Cup sugar
Mix together & chill
(It works well to have the above ingredients mixed before the party, then you can just add the next two when ready to serve)
1 Large container Cool Whip (Slightly defrosted)
3/4 Box of vanilla ice cream (Best if not frozen solid)
Put above mixture into a punchbowl, then mix ice cream and cool whip with a mixer set on "whip" until blended and pour on top.

The second is the "kappaccino" we used to make at my chapter during the annual mid-winter hot-tub-a-thon. Using a light coffee and rich swiss miss hot chocolate mix, we would pour the hot chocolate mix into a cup, fill halfway with hot coffee, then top with steamed milk and stir. It was delicious!!

Hope this helps!

PS-You can also make biscotti in the shape of a key to go with it. Hee hee
Old 05-25-2004, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Make that VERY strong coffee!

One word of caution on cappuccino making - Be sure you make the coffee VERY strong, the milk and such really waters it down and it can taste pretty icky if the coffee is weak. Also - be sure to make the night before because the "cool down" part takes about 4-6 hours when you make this in large batches. We had a small incident one year when we made it four hours before the party and it still wasn't "iced" in time to serve!

If you want to make the "Frappachino" version, make coffee and pour it into ice cube trays, and then add those and the above ingredients to a blender and put on the highest setting. This is much harder to do for a large party since you can only produce so much in advance, but works well for a smaller (COB) get together.

Paula
Old 05-25-2004, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for helping a sister out! I will let you know how our summer experiments go... and hopefully, we will use it in January during recruitment!!