GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,495
0 members and 2,495 guests
No Members online

Old 02-14-2004, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Themes

Hello all!
I am a Kappa Field Representative and looking for any new membership recruitment skits you all have come across. I appreciate any information you could provide. Thanks!

"To all who read it spells our creed: K K G
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-28-2004, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

what's a skit?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilcros104
Kappa Pickers Skit

Hey Ladies! I'm so happy to find this site! I'm a Kappa At WVU and I'm getting ready to transfer to UCF in May (thank goodness there's a Kappa there! ) but during rush week, one of the nights, we have a skit called Kappa Pickers. I'm not too sure how long we have been doing the skit but other chapters have actually picked it up and use it across the country! All the girls wear overalls, red and white plaid shirts and have pig tails. There's a 15 min or so skit with it! My sister was a Kappa (she's now 25) and when I was little, I remember watching the skit on video tape. I couldn't wait till the day I got to watch it in person myself!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JazzDancerKt
We no longer use skits as part of recruitment...

but we still have the scripts from the 70's when we (Beta Nu) did an Alice in Wonderland skit. I haven't read them yet, but my mom says it was pretty cute!

L&L,
Katie Terhune
Ohio State, Beta Nu
Marshal
Old 04-21-2004, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

We did a "Roaring 20's" skit with flapper dresses and the works
"You're never fully dressed without a KEY" to the tune of "You're never fully dressed without a smile"

We also did a Circus theme that went over very well complete with clowns, a magic act, and acrobats.

Finally, A gilligan's island theme was pretty funny, but easy to find decorations and such for.

One thing I would have loved to have done is a "What if??" situation comedy where you examine what would have happened in different major points in history if a Kappa had been in charge instead of someone else....

Hope this helps stir your imagination!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kappa2
One thing I would have loved to have done is a "What if??" situation comedy where you examine what would have happened in different major points in history if a Kappa had been in charge instead of someone else....
Kappa2, that idea is absolutely *adorable*!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

skits and theme

Here are a couple of other themes...My chapter is considering doing a Klassic kappa theme where everyone is really elegant and making shirts that have audrey hepburn on them. Then the skit would be clips from all of her movies....or you could do Legally Kappa (like Legally Blonde) theme. Another chapter did that and supposedly it was a success. If I think of any others, I will post them. good luck.
keke