GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,244
2 members and 2,242 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-04-2004, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Original Sisterhood Event ideas!

Hey Kappas!

I am currently planning my chapter's sisterhood events for the next year, and I desperatley need some original sisterhood/spirit building activities. Our chapter will be finally getting our own chapter room (we were operating out of rented classrooms before), and I think this is the perfect time to build our chapter's spirit.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

L&L Sarah
VPS of Gamma Upsilon chapter (University of British Columbia)

P.S. I have also been trying to find the lyrics to "Oh Pat" so if you know them.......
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-05-2004, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Oh, Pat says she. What? says he
Tell me the truth says she.
What do you think is the best Fraternity?
Oh says he. That's easy, easy to see says he.
Nothing is better than KKG.

Oh, Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma
Nobody knows how happy I am.

There's two more verses, but they're not commonly sang nowadays and i don't even know them offhand.

As for sisterhood stuff, our chapter plays a game we all like called "I'm a Kappa, you're a Kappa." It starts with one sister standing in the middle of a circle of chairs with sisters sitting in them. (Make sure that there is one chair less than the total number of sisters playing- the one standing shouldn't have a seat!) She says I'm a Kappa, you're a Kappa if... and fills in the blank with a characteristic. Some examples include "your favorite color is yellow," or "you like old movies." The sisters to whom this applies all get up and run across the room, attempting to grab a seat while the person in the center tries to get one. THe person left standing repeats the process.

I'll type up more things when I think of them later.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Look in the "barge" thread in the KKG forum. I typed out the whole song from the "Songbook of KKG" if you're curious what the other verses are.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

There are so many sisterhood activities you can do-
A good one is to pick several local area restaurants and have a "sister-swap progressive dinner" where at one place you have soup/salad, one you have an entree, and one you have dessert. Then, assign different restaurants in different orders for each person and put in groups of four. So, if you have soup/salad/appetizer at Houlihans, an entree at Applebees, and dessert at Olive Garden, you are having dinner with a different group of three other people at each place, so by the end of the night you have really gotten to know 9 people much better. Someone might start out at Houlihans with you, but have their entree at Rainforest Cafe and their dessert at Outback Steakhouse. Get it?

Another is "Girls Night In" where you offer movies and popcorn on three nights in a row-especially if there is a trilogy to watch. Hopefully everyone can make at least one night to bond.

Finally, our chapter had a WONDERFUL time at a weekend retreat-spending the weekend together somewhere really can help create bonds to last a lifetime.

Hope you have fun!