GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,367
1 members and 1,366 guests
No Members online

Old 10-11-2001, 10:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
With DPhiE, legacies are considered to be very special! We are not allowed to release a woman who is a legacy without first contacting the Vice President of Recruitment on our International Executive Council and providing concrete evidence as to why this woman would not be an asset to Delta Phi Epsilon. Is it tedious and cumbersome to do this? Yes it is, but it's wrong to just turn a legacy away for a silly reason like "she's fat", "she's shy", "she doesn't fit our image". Reasons to turn a legacy away is "she doesn't have the grades", "she was downright rude during recruitment" and cite examples, "she does not exemplify our ideals" and cite examples.

In one instance, a chapter I advise had a legacy going through, and the group just didn't like her. They called the VP Recruitment and told her they weren't interested in having her join. Without concrete reasoning, they were told they had to invite her to join, because they failed to prove why she wouldn't be an asset. If they didn't invite her back, they would be fined $500 for violation of the legacy policy. The situation ended well, in that the woman didn't want to join D Phi E anyway, and the chapter didn't have to deal with the fine issue, but we are very serious about our legacies.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO Alum View Post
LadyBug1116 -- that was TOTALLY inappropriate for them to do to you! I don't care if they were calling because your sister (while I doubt this!!) was the worst candidate out there -- you deserved the courtesy of not being hung up on! I would seriously advise you to call nationals regarding this situation! That was rude, and you deserve to be treated better.

As with others mentioned, if we do drop a legacy, we place the courtesy call, and to thank the sister for her rec letter.
A fraternity of record has members who treated an Old Head Brother with lesser respect. They even went so far as to threaten him. It was awful. Some chapters today do not recognize Old Head Members and especially their offspring. Legacy was a dirty word.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

1. This thread is 12 years old

2. This thread pertains to sorority recruitment

3. What is an Old Head Brother?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
3. What is an Old Head Brother?
An older initiate. If I crossed in 2004, some might say that someone who crossed in 1990 is an old head.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a line on our sponsor form that allows the recommending relative to mark if she wants to be contacted should the PNM be released and asks how and what hours of the day. If it's a chapter without many legacies coming thru, you may get a call anyway. If it's an SEC school, not so much guaranteed without the written request on the form.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
An older initiate. If I crossed in 2004, some might say that someone who crossed in 1990 is an old head.
Thanks KS!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:22 PM