GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Theta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,724
1 members and 2,723 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-08-2013, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I think we can all probably say with certainty that you can resign. Whether or not any other fraternity will give you a bid I something none of us know.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I think we can all probably say with certainty that you can resign. Whether or not any other fraternity will give you a bid I something none of us know.
FWIW, I would only say that because Beta HQ and Nick (above) seem to say that. I don't know how it works for any other orgs, but my fraternity actually doesn't have any provision or procedure for resignation. A collegiate member could stop paying dues, stop participating and otherwise basically force his suspension or expulsion, but a member cannot resign.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I apologise, does this satisfy and make you guys happy? Well, I hope it does. Have a fabulous day
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

No it doesn't. Apologies only count when people are truly sincere. Do go rush again. With your attitude, you will most likely have a plethora of invitations.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikjaeger3000 View Post
I don't have an attitude, I explicitly stated that I was initiated. I find it insulting that some people would think I don't know what initiation means I have done my research and some fraternities have expressed interest in me once my resignation is complete.
The brother from beta had already answered my question. I will call Beta HQ and ask if a resignation request could be denied. I just can't find any reason why they would deny someone's resignation.
Good evening all,

I am the moderator for the Beta foru and mikjaeger3000 I apologize for not seeing this sooner and responding.

You have gotten generally good advice on all fronts- and please keep in mind we have seen it all here. So the questions to verify your true initiation status were sincere attempts to assist.

PM me if you like and I will be happy to call HQ on your behalf (I don't need your name or other details, just an indication my assistance would help at this point), and I will get some answers for you.

Resignation I am not so concerned about- that I have every reason to believe will be granted on your request.

The real concern is your future eligibility to join another IFC organization. Most undergraduates do not understand that process since resignations of membership are fairly rare, and I myself need to double check. That said, I do believe that resignation after initiation does not clear the decks for you to join another IFC fraternity.

If the other fraternities expressing interest in you are not IFC organizations, then you are likely in the clear since from your posts it appears they know your situation and specific story.

Anyhow- that is where I can get you some real answers since on the resignation question I have never seen a situation where it is denied. It does not change the fact you are in the system as having been initiated, but you can resign.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you. I spoke to the Head of Greek Life at my school yesterday and he told me that I'm cleared to join another fraternity as long as Beta sends him a letter telling him I am no longer a member then I would be eligible to join another one. My school's IFC constitution does not say anything about resigning and joining another fraternity. I do know the choice lies with each individual fraternity on my eligibility to join their ranks. Thank you for your help and if I have any further questions, ill let all of you know.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Good deal- sounds like you have done all the right research. I am sorry to lose a Beta brother, but I understand the circumstances and wish you all the best.