GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,393
3 members and 1,390 guests
flamboyanttree, Kevin, Xidelt

Old 03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
How about a system where your first say 100 posts are free, then after that you can opt for a paid subscription? That way PNMs can get info and request assistance, but when people choose to continue to participate actively they can do that in a subscription setup?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds super, John! And sigmagirl2000, that sounds doable.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post

BTW, I think that your prices are very reasonable and would definitely be willing to buy a subscription.
Ditto NBH!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm fine with the idea John proposed and would probably get a subscription- I hate ads. I kinda hate Avatars too but would deal with them...lol.

I don't like the idea of 100 free posts and then a subscription required. I think we'd lose too many people and stop getting new addicts.. errr, posters. If you want to put up with lots of ads, then you post all you want for free.

ETA: Mobile App for the win!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I'm fine with the idea John proposed and would probably get a subscription- I hate ads. I kinda hate Avatars too but would deal with them...lol.

I don't like the idea of 100 free posts and then a subscription required. I think we'd lose too many people and stop getting new addicts.. errr, posters. If you want to put up with lots of ads, then you post all you want for free.

Yes!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
I like the subscription idea where you can get more functionality and less ads.

I also think if you set up a way to make donations to GC, a lot of members would donate! I know right now I am not in a place where I can donate a lot, but if I had extra money laying around, I may! Especially when I will also have a daughter going through recruitment in two years (fingers crossed... shes kind of hating me at the moment! Haha!)
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:

Ditto on all. I'd definitely subscribe once DH is employed again, but if I have to put up with ads until that time comes I'm willing to do so.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Ditto on all...me, too!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess I am wondering a little why the longtime people here who would be helping would end up paying money and the new people coming and getting the benefits of the help wouldn't?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Row View Post
I guess I am wondering a little why the longtime people here who would be helping would end up paying money and the new people coming and getting the benefits of the help wouldn't?
Those paying would get the benefit of fewer ads (or maybe no ads) and increased functionality.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the optional paid membership is a great idea, but would love to see a patronage option for non-paid members. I'm about to leave my job to start grad school, so while I would probably not opt to pay for a monthly membership I'd still be willing to financially support GC in some way.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
I think the optional paid membership is a great idea, but would love to see a patronage option for non-paid members. I'm about to leave my job to start grad school, so while I would probably not opt to pay for a monthly membership I'd still be willing to financially support GC in some way.
Second!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's talk about a democratic process for selecting and retiring moderators.

Then we can talk subscriptions.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:22 PM

I would pay to use the message board if necessary.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

I would definitely pay for viewing GC without ads, and like the idea that people who are still dipping their toes into the water could still experience GC without the ads. With the number of grad students on GC, I think Gusteau makes a good point, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post