GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,182
0 members and 2,182 guests
No Members online

Old 06-26-2014, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I completely agree about Great Lash. Where did it ever get that great word of mouth? Also not impressed at all with Diorshow. I'm just going to stick with Voluminous, with maybe an occasional splurge on Lancome Hypnose.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-26-2014, 08:43 PM

Does anyone have ideas for a creamy cleanser I can use when my skin gets drier in the winter? I loved L'oreal Hydrafresh, but it's been discontinued. I tried Origins Checks and Balances again, but either the formula changed or my skin did.

Makeup faves now:
Maybelline Fit Me stick foundation -super quick & easy
Still loving everything Nars!! I recently got the Voulez-Vous...palette from Nordstrom.
Urban Decay Naked 3 eyeshadow palette
L'oreal Colour Riche Balm - I have way too many of these and just saw the new pop shades today. Yipes!

Oh and those Jane palettes I was talking about upthread? They had them in Ulta today and I think I would have been highly ticked if I'd paid $10 + s & h for them. I passed as they're still $10. They get down to $4 -$5, then we'll talk.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone here tried the new BareSkin liquid foundation by Bare Minerals? It's getting a lot of visibility here but my local Ulta didn't have any testers out when I was there. I've been using powder mineral foundation for so long it seems weird to think about a liquid product again.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I just started using L'Oreal's Magic Skin BB Cream and LOVE it. It's very lightweight--perfect for summer.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
I hate Great Lash. There are some good drug store mascaras, but that one doesn't work for me. CG Lash Blast is good, as is L'Oreal Voluminous.
Yes! I get Clump Crusher. It's awesome.

My issue is eye shadow. I have deep-set eyes (think Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz) and therefore, I have a deep crease where my makeup smudges/clumps/looks like crap. As for colors: I always read online that I should use "bright, shimmery colors," but then I end up looking like a cheap woman of the night.

Who makes a good, neutral color palette that will stay in place all day long?

@~/~~~~
Old 06-26-2014, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Does anyone have ideas for a creamy cleanser I can use when my skin gets drier in the winter? I loved L'oreal Hydrafresh, but it's been discontinued. I tried Origins Checks and Balances again, but either the formula changed or my skin did.
Original Pond's cold cream. Works like a charm.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I've been using Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin facial cleanser and really like it. It's very creamy and not at all drying.

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 06-26-2014, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Favorite Make-up & Beauty Review Site

I love this site. She as excellent reviews from high-end make-up to drugstore brands.

She also does bath, body and hair care.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com
Old 06-27-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Yes! I get Clump Crusher. It's awesome.

My issue is eye shadow. I have deep-set eyes (think Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz) and therefore, I have a deep crease where my makeup smudges/clumps/looks like crap. As for colors: I always read online that I should use "bright, shimmery colors," but then I end up looking like a cheap woman of the night.

Who makes a good, neutral color palette that will stay in place all day long?

Urban Decay Naked or Naked 3. Great palettes. I am extremely fair and I think Naked 3's slight lean towards rosy shades works better for me, but both are wonderful palettes with a good mix of matte and shimmer and interesting neutrals.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAckbOwlsgIrl View Post
I love this site. She as excellent reviews from high-end make-up to drugstore brands.

She also does bath, body and hair care.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com
Lol. I got censored on there for saying that anyone who can't wait for sales at drugstores and pays full price for makeup is an idiot. She was whining about the drugstore prices being too high, then said she needed "instant gratification" and couldn't deal with waiting for a sale. (The same sales happen over and over and are on a roughly three week cycle.)

It also always stalls out on my phone and computer.

Last edited by 33girl; 06-27-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Urban Decay Naked or Naked 3. Great palettes. I am extremely fair and I think Naked 3's slight lean towards rosy shades works better for me, but both are wonderful palettes with a good mix of matte and shimmer and interesting neutrals.
Yes.. seconded. I like Naked 2 as well, mostly cooler toned neutrals (I have all three Naked palettes). There's also another Naked Basics palette that is all matte neutrals, in case shimmer isn't your thing.

I didn't know there was a makeup thread, I love makeup and own so much that it requires its own train case, with overflow going in various containers on my vanity. Between CPA gigs, I was an artist for MAC Cosmetics for about 6 months and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
Yes.. seconded. I like Naked 2 as well, mostly cooler toned neutrals (I have all three Naked palettes). There's also another Naked Basics palette that is all matte neutrals, in case shimmer isn't your thing.
Thanks!

I hope the Basics palette is a little less expensive, as it appears the full palette is $54

(I'm generally a drugstore makeup shopper, in case that isn't obvious)

@~/~~~~
Old 06-29-2014, 01:05 PM

Take the plunge. IT IS WORTH IT. The shadows are all full-size and you are basically getting 12 for the price of 3.

If that's still prohibitive, just do a google search for "naked palette dupes." There are lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I've heard great things about NARS Orgasm, and it seems like a lot of people on this thread love it. I'm just wondering if it would look okay on someone with a tanner complexion? I lifeguard in the summer and get pretty dark. Maybe I should wait until I'm paler in the winter to use it.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Physician's Formula has a good naked palette right now.