GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,557
0 members and 1,557 guests
No Members online

Old 10-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
This is what you said on 9-26.

Did you accept a bid since then?
Yes, I have very excited
Old 10-04-2017, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari115 View Post
Yes, I have very excited
So are you still planning to transfer to U of Florida next year?
Old 10-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
So are you still planning to transfer to U of Florida next year?
It's possible but honestly, I only really wanted to transfer because my friends from high school go there (and it does look better for getting into their vet school). After talking with their Admissions, it seems like their biology college is pretty competitive and I'm not sure I'll have the GPA by the end of this semester to get in. I really like my current school, but it's been extremely difficult for me to make friends so the past year has been really rough & depressing. I figured if I fall in love with my sorority & can make some good friends, I'll have no problem staying where I am.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't care about being in a top tier sorority. I was simply stating that girls can still get into those chapters without having an outstanding GPA, even though they are supposedly "harder" to get into. I also know every campus is different as far as top/mid/bottom tier sororities.

@Sororitysock I am in a sorority actually.

Good grades, community service, a good personality, beauty, rec letters, etc, all contribute to a girl getting a bid. I understand. But this topic is on GPA so that's what I was talking about.
Yet less than 24 hours ago, in this very thread, you said you were hoping you'd get a chance in spite of your lackluster GPA because of your "hard major."

Quote:
honestly, it's not that i think i'm better than anyone or need a free pass or anything like that, I chose this major because I want my dream job. However, I do feel like I'm deserving of a chance you know. I think of it like getting into college. It looks better if you took all AP/honors classes and got a 3.8 GPA versus someone who got a 3.9 taking all standard classes, right? I don't think all other majors are easier. All majors get more difficult over time. But I do think some are not as challenging and it's worth noting. For example, engineering major vs photography major with the same GPA...

I do know quite a few girls I went to high school with that are in top tier sororities at big universities but graduated with a 3.0-3.2 GPA. They are exceptionally beautiful though so I do think that might have something to do with it...
Your timeline is quite dubious.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororitysock View Post
Yet less than 24 hours ago, in this very thread, you said you were hoping you'd get a chance in spite of your lackluster GPA because of your "hard major."

Your timeline is quite dubious.
Did you ever think maybe I was waiting to hear back? You don't have to believe me. I don't care. I don't have anything to prove to strangers on an online forum lol
Old 10-04-2017, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Did you ever think maybe I was waiting to hear back? You don't have to believe me. I don't care. I don't have anything to prove to strangers on an online forum lol
Did you ever think we know how these things work? You really expect us to believe you literally accepted a bid within the last couple of hours yet are spending time with "strangers on an online forum" instead of with your sorority? Much believable.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororitysock View Post
Did you ever think we know how these things work? You really expect us to believe you literally accepted a bid within the last couple of hours yet are spending time with "strangers on an online forum" instead of with your sorority? Much believable.
Um yes, I did. literally earlier today. I haven't gotten a chance to even meet my sorority sisters. Currently doing homework on my laptop so yeah it's not very hard to switch tabs & respond to you. Not sure why you think you know everything that must be going on in my life.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

You could have at least been honest with me when we were messaging last week....
Old 10-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
You could have at least been honest with me when we were messaging last week....
What was I dishonest about??
Old 10-04-2017, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Calling your bluff, ari115.

Where? What school? What is your chapter?

ETA: private message me, if you prefer. I won't blast it. Or else just carry on and continue to be thought a liar. On an online forum consisting of strangers. lol

ETA #2: crickets. No pm no public response. Done here. Still totally agree with KSU Violet's posts on this topic and with others' responses, ari115 notwithstanding. Super annoyed.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 10-05-2017 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Pardon if I missed something in these posts, but how does someone get a bid "but not have met their sisters"?? That seems very, very odd and like OP doesn't know how rush really works.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Um yes, I did. literally earlier today. I haven't gotten a chance to even meet my sorority sisters. Currently doing homework on my laptop so yeah it's not very hard to switch tabs & respond to you. Not sure why you think you know everything that must be going on in my life.
Honey, we are just not that gullible.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
I have a question about GPA. Do the Universities normally give the chapters the weighted or unweighted GPA? Also, if a woman is a transfer, does the University normally give the chapter her high school GPA or her college GPA?
Old 10-08-2017, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

For freshmen, it's non weighted. For upperclass, whether transfer or not, it's college only.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
And that is what I *thought* we were supposed to get. But one of the Universities I work with seems to have given us a mix of weighted and non-weighted, and maybe a couple of the transfers information had their HS listed instead. I just wanted to find out what is the norm.....or what we are SUPPOSED to get.

Thanks!