GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,589
0 members and 2,589 guests
No Members online

Old 01-16-2001, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Original Ape:
Suppose the man tells the girl that he has enough children and he aint trying to have any more. He sets out his condoms; and while he's in the bathroom, the girl punctures his condom because she wants a "pretty baby with 'good'hair". Unaware of what happens, he does his thing and finds out later that she is pregnant. She has this baby-and NO BOYFRIEND willing to pay child support. By law, he is stuck with paying child support.

Is THIS fair(just)?

Well, that is why you do not sleep with people who you do not love. People have to look at sleeping with people in this manner: everytime you lay down with someone (male or female) you could be potentionally giving them power over the rest of your life. If you have a baby with a person, that person can affect your finances, your marriage, your future children, and your life. Because what if the girl didn't punch holes in the condom, but the condom just broke. See what I'm saying. At least if you're having sex with someone you love and could see marrying, then it might not be that bad of a problem because you know that you could spend the rest of your life with that person raising your child together or if you don't stay with that person, then you would know that that person would not do anything intentionally to hurt you (i.e. playing games with your child and visitation, trying to put you in jail for child support, messing with any of your future relationships, etc.). I know at 23 years old, that my opinion is considered old fashioned, but I guarantee you that if more people took that approach, then there would be less unwanted children and less deadbeat moms/dads. And I'm not on a high horse or anything, but I can say I live what I speak.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-17-2001, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by DST Love:
Well, that is why you do not sleep with people who you do not love. People have to look at sleeping with people in this manner: everytime you lay down with someone (male or female) you could be potentionally giving them power over the rest of your life. If you have a baby with a person, that person can affect your finances, your marriage, your future children, and your life. Because what if the girl didn't punch holes in the condom, but the condom just broke. See what I'm saying. At least if you're having sex with someone you love and could see marrying, then it might not be that bad of a problem because you know that you could spend the rest of your life with that person raising your child together or if you don't stay with that person, then you would know that that person would not do anything intentionally to hurt you (i.e. playing games with your child and visitation, trying to put you in jail for child support, messing with any of your future relationships, etc.). I know at 23 years old, that my opinion is considered old fashioned, but I guarantee you that if more people took that approach, then there would be less unwanted children and less deadbeat moms/dads. And I'm not on a high horse or anything, but I can say I live what I speak.
Love,

I like the way you think. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Old 01-17-2001, 10:19 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by The Original Ape:
Love,

I like the way you think. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I'm happy that you agree !!!
Old 01-17-2001, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SoloRHO:
the quote above by MidWestDiva states that the only people affected when a woman has an abortion are herself, the father, and the child.
But how can we be so sure of that. Who knows what that child may grow to be. He/She could grow to be one of our greatest leaders, someone that could save us from pollution or fight racism, or create a cure for Cancer or AIDS, etc...
That reminds me of a comic strip I once read.

It had a picture of a group of people who had the chance to talk to GOD and they asked him why didn't you send someone to cure AIDS? Why didn't you let anyone find the cure to cancer? etc.

And God's reply was that he did send people to do all of those things, but they were aborted......

Just a little something to get the wheels of your brain turning
Old 01-17-2001, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

like it was said earler, you basically don't have sex with those you don't love.

You must realize that every time you lie down you can concieve. My son is the product of a condom. (yes he is a miracle baby )My mother concived both myself and my sister on birth control pills.

If you are adult enough to have sex you should be adult enough to have a conversation about children, but they do come from sex.

You should talk to your partner about what he/she would plan on doing in case of an unplanned pregnancy and then you will know what you can do from there

And like DST Love said, if she is poking wholes in your condom that's one thing, but think about the fact that it could easily break and from experience I can tell you that a break does not have to be a gigantic tear it can be an inconspicios tear that leaves a very noticibale surprise.

And one more point...Woman you must understand that although it is wrong and not right, you have the responsiblity to stop an unplanned pregnancy because he can and will run, although it is a cowardly and ignorant thing to do, so think about that next time he tells you he loves you just to get a piece of....you know the rest

------------------
It took three rough drafts to create a masterpiece....
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Incorporated
Epsilon Chapter
Old 01-17-2001, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blu_theatrics:
like it was said earler, you basically don't have sex with those you don't love.

This should be true, but some people can't say no. Besides there's all types of love. And when you're young lust is love. You can love love somebody (as in a deep admiration), care for someone, love someone as a friend, so on and on.

But shyt happens. And I know plenty of people including myself that thought I loved such and such but when I look back on it...it was an admiration/puppy love. Not that I'm older this guy wouldn't get a number.

But having sex and the mistakes that comes along with it, is a part of life. You either learn from your mistakes or keep making them.

But I think the main reason they are some problems that are related to sex, is because people can't wait and sometimes a lot of females do it because they're lonely. Or as my bestfriend says, because he didn't have shit else to do and she was there. (They think about immediate gratification and not the long-term effects.)
Old 10-21-2004, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

with the election coming up, i just wanted to spark a debate..........
Old 10-22-2004, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

The whole situation in a nutshell...

Quote:
Originally posted by DST Love
People have to look at sleeping with people in this manner: everytime you lay down with someone (male or female) you could be potentionally giving them power over the rest of your life. If you have a baby with a person, that person can affect your finances, your marriage, your future children, and your life.
I am pro-choice. I believe that people need to make an educated and careful choice about who they sleep with. That would eliminate the vast majority of abortion and deadbeat dad issues. Sexual intercourse is an action with far reaching consequences. If one isn't man or woman enough to handle them, then folks need to abstain or wait. That's jmo though.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSimon View Post
I believe that people need to make an educated and careful choice about who they sleep with. That would eliminate the vast majority of abortion and deadbeat dad issues. Sexual intercourse is an action with far reaching consequences. If one isn't man or woman enough to handle them, then folks need to abstain or wait. That's jmo though.
Exactly, I feel that if u don't think you're ready for a baby then u shouldn't be having sex.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, you people are actually spot on. A lot of people make the arguments that abortion destroys potentially valuable human life (although its all valuable), and that it is used as birth control in place of personal responsibility. Another thing I think it does is to limit the potential of would-be parents. In previous generations, unexpected pregnancies were common, but many of them simply stepped up to the plate and did what they had to. Drunk/immature fathers got steady jobs and got married. Women transitioned from irresponsible teenagers to loving and influential mothers. Granted, I don't blame this change simply on abortion, but the idea that a pregnancy is disposable surely doesn't help. I get angry when I see the generations before us referred to as rudimentary, I can only hope to grow up with the moral strength and wisdom that my father and grandfather had. Sure, we have advantages they don't have, but sometimes I think they obtained attributes our society will never have.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Just give up your parental rights, problem solved. I saw a man do this in juvenile court last week.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishaelle View Post
Just give up your parental rights, problem solved. I saw a man do this in juvenile court last week.
You know this thread is 11 years old, right??
Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
You know this thread is 11 years old, right??
The OP is from 2001. This thread is eligible in most states for a driver's license.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma