GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Chi > Chi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,740
3 members and 2,737 guests
navane, Xidelt

Old 09-10-2002, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Miss Sorority Pledge Pageant

Hey everyone! So this weekend is the Lambda Chi Watermelon Fest and I was nominated by my house to be in the Pledge Pageant. Last year we won, so the pressure's on and I need some ideas!! The first event is like formal wear, but not formal wear...instead your supposed to wear a costume. Last year the girl who won from our house wore a catholic school uniform and tied her shirt up really high (like Britney spears...) So I need a costume idea. I've thought of all the common ones like cheerleader, fireman, policeman....I need something creative, but it needs to be something that a bunch of drunken fraternity boys would love!! Okay next is the talent part.... I have NO musical talent, so I need something for that. Last year our girl made balloon animals...I need something stupid but funny. The last thing I need is to write out my turn ons and turn offs and they are supposed to be funny. Last year our girl wrote like mullets and hairy backs for turn ons...ya know, just something funny and stupid. If you guys have any ideas I would LOVE to hear them! Thanks!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-10-2002, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

What you will need:

White pillow case, magic markers (permanent), boys flannel shirt, blue jeans and tennis shoes.

The idea is to draw a boy's face on the pillow case and you can add a hat to the top. Then you have someone help you put it over your head...but use your arm to keep the corners up.
Then have someone dress the shirt around your waist and make it pinned to the bottom of the pillow case...and then wear some other pants or shorts and scrunch the jeans down close to your knees or slightly above...don't forget a belt. And then complete the look with shoes. Forgot one thing...stuff the arms and have them resting in front (will need to pin them together). Then create a routine...and do some dancing (which of course will be hard to do with jeans at your knees) and make it look funny. You could even get a sister to come up on stage with you and pretend to be a lambda chi alpha and hit on her or dance with her.

A girl did this for our high school pagaent and it was a riot (although I can't remember her skit).

Good Luck!

Hootie
Old 09-10-2002, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
I wish I had some good ideas but I do wish you so much luck!!! Just stay true to yourself- do acts that you feel comfortable with (I do not want to see you on a video commercial for "sorority girls gone wild) he he !!!! and you will succeed! We are all rooting for you! Sue
Old 10-03-2002, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if this directly pertains to this but we were told that Chi Omega couldn't support any type of pageants. Is that true? Like could we find it in the book of Rules? Just wondering... Good Luck with it! Psi Zeta Love!
Old 10-03-2002, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter participated in the Order of Omega pagaent during Greek Week. We never got in trouble for it. Perhaps the rule of actually GIVING money to a sister running in a beauty pagaent is there...but still, I've never heard of that!

Hootie
Old 10-03-2002, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember seeing something like that somewhere...But we always did the Miss FIJI Island pageant. And everyone talks about Mary Ann Mobly all the time - she was Miss America! And I am sure we have had our fair share of Miss "Insert State Name" I'm sure it has something to do with money or something, too.