GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,127
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, asamathattso539
» Online Users: 1,364
1 members and 1,363 guests
asamathattso539
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via MSN to Theo Fam
ok hallo 2 all.I am from greece and i wanted 2 ask u why all these univ.brotherhoods have greek letters(i always wondered).Secondly i wanted 2 inform u that we here in greece,have only political youth-student partys at our universities.Thirdly, lol i think that u pronocouate wrong the gr letters.And sorry for my english,i use the famous greeklish style of talking and writing.THANX
Old 11-28-2006, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fam View Post
ok hallo 2 all.I am from greece and i wanted 2 ask u why all these univ.brotherhoods have greek letters(i always wondered).Secondly i wanted 2 inform u that we here in greece,have only political youth-student partys at our universities.Thirdly, lol i think that u pronocouate wrong the gr letters.And sorry for my english,i use the famous greeklish style of talking and writing.THANX
Hello...I am Greek-American and a member of a women's fraternity. Basically, the Founders of our organizations were all well-studied in ancient history and philosophy. When they founded our organizations, they based them on the ancient Greek ideals. It is done out of admiration and respect for our culture. And yes, the Greek letters are pronounced differently here, but that is because is how the alphabet is taught. I think many people here would have difficulty pronouncing many of the letters in the traditional Greek manner!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via MSN to Theo Fam
Thanx.i hope when i graduate from here 2 come for my post graduade studies to usa.And then i wanna be a member of these brotherhoods.
Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ.Τα λέμε

Θοδωρής Φαμέλης
Old 11-28-2006, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fam View Post
Thanx.i hope when i graduate from here 2 come for my post graduade studies to usa.And then i wanna be a member of these brotherhoods.
Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ.Τα λέμε

Θοδωρής Φαμέλης
You're welcome. I have two cousins who came out to the U.S. for their post-graduate studies--one went back to Greece and the other stayed in New York City. Kala Xristouyena kai evtihismeno to Neo Etos.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Bama guy, Saban is on live tv as I type speaking for the first time as your new coach. Congrats!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

List of top 5

How bout this for a silly stupid newbie question: Where can I find a comprehensive list of the top sororities listed by school? Since all schools may be asking a little much, let's start with UVa, W&L, U of Richmond, Gettysburg, William & Mary and Vanderbilt? Seriously, in general, it seems the oldest chapters at each individual school are the most respected and most selective.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 2PHIne_Print
Exclamation

Why are XYZ on campus, they not really Greek, They NOT A PART OF D9.
D9 WEREN'T THE FIRST GREEK LETTER ORGANIZATIONS, THERE ARE ACTUALLY 4 ORGANIATIONS THAT ARE CONSIDERED GREEK WHO WERE THERE WAY BEFORE THE 1ST D9 ORGANIZATION APPEARED ON ANYONE'S CAMPUS OR WAS THOUGHT ABOUT.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PHIne_Print View Post
Why are XYZ on campus, they not really Greek, They NOT A PART OF D9.
D9 WEREN'T THE FIRST GREEK LETTER ORGANIZATIONS, THERE ARE ACTUALLY 4 ORGANIATIONS THAT ARE CONSIDERED GREEK WHO WERE THERE WAY BEFORE THE 1ST D9 ORGANIZATION APPEARED ON ANYONE'S CAMPUS OR WAS THOUGHT ABOUT.
By 4 orgs do you mean 4 African-American organizations nationally?
on your campus?
In general?

Just asking
Old 02-03-2007, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Heyyy um this is to everyoneeee who can give me any sort of answer:
I know what a sorority is, but it's the who that matters to me. I just wanna know what kind of people are in which sororities, like the "nerds" are in such and such, and the "preps/popular girls" are in whatever it's called. Personally, I think I'd be planning on looking into the preppy/popular sororities so any help that could be given would be very appreciated!! Thanks

Danielle
Old 02-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBetaThanYou View Post
I know what a sorority is, but it's the who that matters to me. I just wanna know what kind of people are in which sororities, like the "nerds" are in such and such, and the "preps/popular girls" are in whatever it's called. Personally, I think I'd be planning on looking into the preppy/popular sororities so any help that could be given would be very appreciated!! Thanks

Danielle

Have you even bothered to read the posts in this thread from beginning to end?

I hate to break it to you, but if you go into recruitment with a "I only want to be in the preppy/popular sorority" attitude, chances are you'll most likely walk away disappointed.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Danielle

Um, you're kidding, right? Please tell me this isn't a real post.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSUGURL View Post
Um, you're kidding, right? Please tell me this isn't a real post.
I totally thought this was a regular poster satirizing a newbie question. I'm so naive.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Danielle
Oh honey...no no no. Every chapter of every sorority is different-no two are the same. The preps/popular girls will be tri-delts on one campus and Pi Phi on another.
Go through recruitment with an open mind and you will end up where you're supposed to be.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 02-18-2007, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Danielle
Ew.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMarie View Post
To vary it...

"I made this HUGE mistake by joining NPC ABC. I was forced to leave and now I want to try rushing again. Can I?"

It's still no.

At my school, once you sign a bid card and then either de-activate or de-pledge; you have to wait a full calendar year before joining another house.
Closed Thread