GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,210
0 members and 1,210 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2001, 12:55 AM
UMgirl

Thumbs up Alpha Gam Roll Call

The number of AGD's on here is increasing and this would be a good time to do a roll call (even though some of us addicts know each other by name) so we know who are sisters are in our lil GC family. So lets please list:

1) First Name
2) College/University and Chapter
3) Collegian or Alumnae
4) Why you joined Alpha Gam and/or your fave memory of AGD.

[This message has been edited by UMgirl (edited August 20, 2001).]
Old 08-20-2001, 01:26 AM
UMgirl

Smile

Tonya
University of Michigan-Alpha Beta Chapter
As of Aug 11.....ALUMNAE! woohoo! (Im sad to leave my house, but this means Im done with college! undergrad at least)

I joined AGD because after dropping out of rush, not accepting a bid one year or just putting it off (UM has 2 rushes a yr) I decided to go for it. Igot a bid from XYZ house and just wasnt feeling it from most the girls, some were cool, but with AGD the good feeling remained all throughout and it still does. Plus being new as we were we got do decided what goes.

I have too many fave mems, but here goes...sleepovers, playing football with the fraternties just for the hell of it, greek week, hanging out, our lil composite gatherings and firesides. Hopefully an JC or Alum Club will start soon here so i can continue. Love ya AB!
Old 08-20-2001, 01:57 AM
Unregistered-

Cool

Tonya--great topic!

Name: Sandy, your proud AGD mod!

University/Chapter: University of Hawai`i at Manoa -- Delta Sigma chapter

Collegian/Alumnae: Collegian -- I currently serve as Personal Development Coordinator and webmistress of the DS website. However, on November 17 at our Senior Rededication Ceremony, I will join the ranks of accomplished AGDs as I enter the circle of alumnae sisters!

Why I joined AGD/Favorite Memory: The GC old-timers know my story, but here it goes again! I decided to go through Rush as a junior because I felt that something was missing from my college experience. It wasn't friends, as I had a good circle of college friends...and I had a good job. I had a very good friend who was already an Alpha Gam and she had tried to get me to rush since Freshman year.

Okay so I decided to rush--but I didn't choose Alpha Gam. I chose a local sorority (which we'll call XYZ), went through their pledge installation and began their pledgeship. Only their pledge education turned out to be something that I did not agree with--it was a conflict of morals and I didn't want to put my dignity on the line. One night, I had enough and I started crying at our student commons.

It just so happened that AGD's chatper meeting was letting out at that time. Amy Rose, my AGD friend, came to my rescue. And then--ten other AGDs came to make sure I was okay and they even walked me back to my apartment! They were total strangers, but they took the time out to make sure I was okay--and the fact that they cared so much really meant a lot to me.

Spring came around and it was time for rush again! I knew that I really wanted to be a part of this circle since that Fall night. At first I was afraid that AGD was going to treat me the same way the local did, but all my worries were put to rest after the first rush event.

My favorite AGD memory happened even before I became an AGD!

------------------
A single seed...becomes a Rose of incredible beauty.

A single grain of sand...becomes a Pearl of great worth.

A single great idea...becomes a Century of success.

Go Alpha Gam!
Old 08-20-2001, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Hee hee, excellent thread!

Name: Maria
College and Chapter: Delta Pi, San Francisco State University
Collegian or Alumnae: Alumna since December 1996
Why I joined Alpha Gam: Simply because it is where I felt at home. Our girls were the friendliest, smartest, most fun to be around! And everyone here knows how much I love our Purpose.
My fave Alpha Gam memory: That's hard to pick out. I still have lots of AGD friends, so I like to think that I'm still creating good memories every day!

------------------
"To hold truth inviolable, sincerity essential, kindness invaluable."
Old 08-20-2001, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hello Ladies!!!

Well, to answer my lovely sister Tonya's questions:

My name is Tracy, and I am a member of Alpha Beta at University of Michigan!!! Yay!! Go Blue!!! I'll be a sophomore this year and I can't wait to get moved in and start rush!! It'll be our first year rushing, so it should be fun, but a lot of work!! Wish AB luck!!!

The reason I joined AGD is pretty interesting actually. I was anti sorority when I got to UM. I didn't go through rush, and I despised people who did. Then I ended up going out w/ some friends one night and some of them were going through COB at AGD, so I decided to go with them the next night. As soon as I walked into the house, I fell in love with everything about AGD, and 2 visits later, I received a Bid and the rest is history...

Everything about AGD has been outstanding. I can't even pick out a single memory. All the things that I've done with all my sisters has been equally memorable. I love them all so much. And I'm so happy i'm SisC so that I can help us all to bond more. I love you AB!!!

------------------
Tracy K
UM Alpha Gam

"It's Great to be a Michi-gan AGD!"
Old 08-20-2001, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Name: Leslie
University & Chapter: Eastern Michigan University - Zeta Alpha Chapter

I joined AGD because I felt at home there during Recruitment. There have been so many good memories but the one that is coming to mind right now (not necessarily my favorite) is the night of my first lil sister's ceremonies. We were doing the gift exchange and I gave her her book, which I went against tradition and made out of wood, and she couldn't stop laughing because her "wood-good" for me was a wooden scrapbook! We always joke around that we have some kind of ESP because we do that kind of thing a lot (we even got each other similar Christmas gifts)!
Old 08-20-2001, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
Talking

First Name: Erica
College/University and Chapter: Penn State/Alpha Mu
Alumnae as of April 2000
I joined totally by accident (or I guess you could say fate). I had no intentions of rushing, but then a friend from HS was and convinced me to just try it and see. So I went through being myself and not caring where I went or even if I got in. I got a bid from AGD and was still a little skeptical, but as soon as I walked in on Bid Day...I knew!

My favorite memory as an undergrad...Gosh I have SO many, but the first one that popped into my mind was when I found out who my sis-mom was and that she had cried when another sister had gotten me and had convinced her to switch because she had wanted me as her little so bad...I could not have asked for a better Mom.

My fav memory as an alum...well it has not been so long, but my fav memory just happened last week. I am moving soon and recieved an email from the alumnae chapter in my new town welcoming me. I emailed the local chapter there then and got the BEST reply back...I am so excited to meet everyone when I move. Getting those two emails put such a HUGE smile on my face!
Old 08-21-2001, 03:36 AM
Unregistered-

Smile

Erica, which alumnae chapter will you be joining, if you don't mind me asking?

------------------
A single seed...becomes a Rose of incredible beauty.

A single grain of sand...becomes a Pearl of great worth.

A single great idea...becomes a Century of success.

Go Alpha Gam!
Old 08-21-2001, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
Sandy, I will be joing one in the Milwaukee area. I just checked the emails we have been sending and the only "name" the Alumane Chapter was referred to as was the local Alpha Gamma Delta Alumnae Chapter. Guess I should see if I can check it out somewhere on the web...any ideas?

Old 08-21-2001, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Name: Arin
School: Georgetown College
Chapter: Theta Upsilon
Reason why: I wanted to be apart of history because my college hadn't had a new group since the mid-1970's or so. Also I believe it was meant to be and if I ever get to see you in person I will explain more! It involves a squirrel pin and not being able to get rid of it.

Last edited by GtownGirl98; 12-05-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JenAGD Send a message via Yahoo to JenAGD
Name: Jenifer Champ

Location: Gamma Omega Chapter at the University of Alabama at Birmingham

Why I joined: When I went through Rush in Fall 1998 (Aaacck! I'm old!) I thought all the girls in our chapter were so beautiful and so nice. I met my (soon to be) big sister the next to last night of Rush and knew that I wanted her to be my Big Sis. I had made 2 friends in my Rush group and we all agreed that we only wanted AGD. We were so bad, you are not supposed to talk about rush with the other rushees. Now, the three of us are starting our 4th year as Alpha Gams.

Favorite Memory: There are so many, my best friends in the entire world are in my chapter. I think my alltime favorite memory, though, would be this past Friday. Friday was our Pref night and I was honored to be able to give a testimony. I was able to tell my best friends and my mother how much I love my chapter and how it has made me the person I am now. By the time I was finished, we were all crying.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hi everybody from a new member

1) First Name---Monica

2) College/University and Chapter---Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA/Gamma Chi

3) Collegian or Alumnae---Alumna

4) Why you joined Alpha Gam and/or your fave memory of AGD

I joined about a week after formal rush ended. I was friends with a girl who pledged Alpha Gam. I told her after rush was over I was sorry that I didn't join a sorority. She encouraged me to pledge Alpha Gam. After she talked to the undergrads, I happily received a bid few days later. I really felt at home in my chapter because none of us were the "stereotypical"
sorority girls.

It's hard to list just one, but one of my favorite memories is that my sister-daughter was named Best Pledge of her pledge class. She was a real sweet girl, and I was so happy for her.

Monica
Old 08-23-2001, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Lynn
West Georgia College (now State University of West Georgia)/Gamma Tau Chapter
Alumnae

Why I joined...knew that Greek life at WGC would make college life better..and it did!

Best AGD memory..meeting girls who became my friends and sisters (and still are after all these decades)!
Old 08-24-2001, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JennyAlphaGam
Name: Jenny
Chapter: Beta Eta, Southern Illinois University @ Carbondale
Collegian/Alumnae: Alumnae as of May 2001!
Why I joined AGD/My favorite memory: I joined Alpha Gam because I felt the most comfortable with the women there. They had the highest scholarship, which is something I was looking for, and they were also very social and BEAUTIFUL! I guess I felt they had a good balance of priorities. I actually didn't think I would be accepted as a member at first! But I was, and it was amazing right from the start.

I am still making my favorite memories in Alpha Gam! I am traveling as a Leadership Consultant this year. I am in Nebraska right now, and I am amazed at how many new sisters I've met in the last month. It is just incredible. My circle keeps growing, and I am continuing to make really great memories...with collegains, alumnae, and the other LC's and LA's!! I can't help but miss my chapter right now though...they're about to go through recruitment and I'm sending them prayers everyday! I am a little homesick...but the job is awesome and I am very happy to be out here helping sisters recruit more members into our sisterhood!

Good luck to everyone as you start your new semester!
Old 08-27-2001, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Roll Call

1) Jeannine

2) Virginia Commonwealth University/ Theta Nu Chapter

3) Alumnae since 1998

4) A girlfriend of mine was a rush and invited me to an informal rush party. I fell in love with the VCU AGD girls instantly and the rest is history! Unfortunately, my friend decided to not go through initiation, but I am so glad that she was a pledge or I would have never had the most wonderful and honorable opportunity: to become an Alpha Gamm!