GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465

Old 06-12-2002, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Need new ideas

Here are some fundraisers that we have done in the past:

Car Wash
Bake Sale
Garage Sale (left over gets donated to Salvation Army)
Tuck In's
Bottle Drive (Michigan is great when it comes to this )

We have also sold tupperware, candles, cookbooks, stuff like that. My girls are getting tired of hitting up their families and co-workers for money.

We have recently started asking Alumni for donations and I'm trying to get in contact with www.mygreekletters.com about their fundraising program.

We are in need of NEW ideas that require LOW commitment.

Thank you and have a nice day
Old 08-22-2002, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

creative memories

Hi,
Just thought I'd throw this out there to you. I'm a creative memories consultant...like selling tuperware or marykay products..and I think creative memories scrapbooking is a great way to earn cash.

If you'd like to learn more about creative memories, let me know. But I think it's great because you create scrapbooks already of events, socials, rush, formals that you guys have. So why not get into creative memories...plus, creative memories have greek ABC stickers...great for your scrapbooks!

Thought I'd share
Old 10-23-2002, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

From what I've gathered from the meeting minutes from my chapter's website is that my house was unable to do a carwash due to weather so now girls must bring a quarter to come to meeting. I'm not sure how that is working though. The money then will go towards the S.June Smith Center.
Dinner in a box is a lot of fun. What you do is have sisters get in pairs, groups whatever; they choose what they want to put in the box and it doens't have to relate to dinner. My littlle and I made a Britney Spears box and put her posters in it. Anyway then you decorate the box anyway you want you invite whomever you want Student gov, fraternities and they bid on the boxes and they're not suppossed to know who made them until the highest bid is placed. some girls actually put a message that they'll cook dinner for the guys or take them out to eat. Some girls put mac and cheese in the box.
Anyway we raised over $400 and mostly Sigma Chi's came to our auction since the money was going towards their fundraiser during Derby Days.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I belong to a Community Service organization-- National Exchange Club. Our local club has collected aluminum cans and bottles. We'd take them to a recycling center that up until April paid us double for recycling. We would make several hundred dollars, no one had to hit up friends or family for money, we were helping the environment by helping to keep our community clean. Our money was used to purchase Teddy Bears for the police and fire department to give to traumatized children.

Since we don't get double any more and that particular recycling center is 45 minutes from here, we stopped doing it and now I make a quilt that we raffle off at our convention. Last year we made almost $600 on the quilt. I am currently making a new one for our next convention in June.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Music, Money and a whole lot of fun!

Raising money these days can be challenging if not down right difficult. More and more organizations are looking for new ways to raise money that will cover the cost of many projects. Wouldn't it be nice to have one fundraiser that could generate a steady continuous stream of income month after month?

Well many organizations have found that through the internet you can do just that. Take for example the new online music company Janglefish. Janglefish is a network marketing company that allows anyone to signup and become a music distributor and earn money. This is a fantastic idea for any college student or campus organization. All college students love music and want to be able to access it online these days. How would you like to earn money just by getting others to sign up for a music service that gives you more music than you could ever find in a retail store for one small monthly fee? How would you like to get paid each and every month that your customers stay signed up with that music service? What if you could get paid each and everytime someone signed up for that service, eventhough you didn't sign them up personally? Janglefish offer this and more. We're not talking about a few hundred dollars here and there. Janglefish is putting thousands of dollars each and every month in the hands of people all across the country who are now building thier own streams of income. It's time to change the way we play the game. It's time to get in the game and start getting paid. Check out www.Janglefish.biz/mixes or call 1 888 264-4960 and leave a message for more information. [URL=http://www.Janglefish.biz/mixes] #1 fundraiser sweeping the college campuses
Old 03-31-2003, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter had an awesome fundraiser that we did until the University granted an exclusive (monopoly) contract and wouldn't let us sell on campus anymore.

We made, sold, delivered and assembled lofts (for your bed) on freshman move-in day. Ball State used to have a parking lot designated for vendors to sell (or rent) items just for the dorms (mini-fridges, carpeting cut to fit the dorm rooms, lofts, etc.) We had a brother who's brother-in-law owned a lumber yard and helped us make kits at cost. We charged $35 for just the kit and $50 to have it delivered and installed. Most of the other dealers were charging $50 just for the kit. Most of the parents were so tired and stressed they paid for the delivery and installation to avoid the hassle. We had several crews of brothers who went out to do delivery and installation. It made for a long day, but we cleared over $3500 on that one fundraiser.
Hell, some of the parents were so grateful they gave us tips!

Unfortunately, the university granted and exclusive contract the next year and wouldn't allow us to sell the lofts on campus!