GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow

Old 03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Sigma Fraternity Seeks to Colonize at UNO

http://greeklife.uno.edu/ifc/ifc_kappa_sig.cfm

I hope they can get a colony together! I took some summer courses at UNO and it's actually a really good university. The student body is very diverse and it is a commuter campus. However, they are building a new dorm on campus which I think will increase their out-of-state student population. Good Luck to Kappa Sigma!

These are the chapters currently on campus:

Panhellenic Association
Alpha Xi Delta
Delta Zeta
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha

National Pan-Hellenic Council
Alpha Kappa Alpha
Alpha Phi Alpha
Delta Sigma Theta
Kappa Alpha Psi
Omega Psi Phi
Phi Beta Sigma
Sigma Gamma Rho
Zeta Phi Beta

Interfraternity Council
Lambda Chi Alpha
Phi Kappa Theta
Tau Kappa Epsilon
Theta Xi

Last edited by OleMissGlitter; 03-15-2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: to add some more info
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2010, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

wow, this is an old thread.

The UNO Colony of Kappa Sigma will be receiving their charter and initiated on April 24 of this year.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

ClayK:

Do you know what the Greek letter chapter designation will be? It will be Rho-something. The next designation alphabetically is Rho-Zeta, but that may have been assigned to another colony that is being chartered on the same April 24, 2010 date as the UNO chartering or an earlier date. If it is not Rho-Zeta, I would anticipate it being Rho-Eta or Rho-Theta. I hope that you know,and will so advise.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stufield View Post
ClayK:

Do you know what the Greek letter chapter designation will be? It will be Rho-something. The next designation alphabetically is Rho-Zeta, but that may have been assigned to another colony that is being chartered on the same April 24, 2010 date as the UNO chartering or an earlier date. If it is not Rho-Zeta, I would anticipate it being Rho-Eta or Rho-Theta. I hope that you know,and will so advise.

Just got an Email from nationals stating that Rutgers University Colony got their charter back, UNO will be Rho Theta, High Point will be Rho Eta, Fort Myers will be Rho Zeta. UCLA i believe also got their Charter Back, and Cal State North Ridge got installed about two months ago and are Rho Delta.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

chicostateksig:

I have not seen the e-mail from IMH that you mention in your post, so I do not know whether you are quoting it verbatim, or putting it into you own words, but part of what you have posted is simply not correct.

The CSU Northridge colony was indeed installed as Rho-Delta Chapter, and, although you did not mention it, the University of Alaska at Anchorage colony was subsequently installed as Rho-Epsilon Chapter. That is why the next new chapter to be installed, at Florida Gulf Coast University (which the Fraternity has had to refer to as The Colony at Fort Myers because it does not have FGCU recognition) will be named Rho-Zeta.

it is interesting that the High Point University colony will be the next colony chartered (as Rho-Eta), followed by the UNO colony (as Rho-Theta). HPU was a colony for less than a year; the UNO colony for more than two years. One obviously was an immediate success; the other obviously struggled.

What you have posted that is INCORRECT is that the Gamma-Upsilon colony at Rutgers has got its (not "their"; "Colony" is singular) charter back. The colony HAS been approved to be rechartered. In fact, it had been so-approved about a year ago, but some Code of Conduct issued resulted in the withdrawal/postponement of that approval. That approval has now been granted once again. But the rechartering is still just over a week away, on April 17th. So until the rechartering ceremony, the colony has NOT regained the Gamma-Upsilon charter. Only after the colony has been reinstalled as an active chapter has the charter been restored.

The same is true with regard to the Delta-Nu colony at UCLA. I understand that it HAS been approved for rechartering as Delta-Nu Chapter, and I assume that a date has been set for that significant event. But I don't know what it is. Only after the reinstallation ceremony (well, technically, at a certain moment in the ceremony) will Delta-Nu have had its charter restored.

Incidentally, as a Kappa Sig, you should know that in Kappa Sigma, two Greek letter chapter designations, such as the aforesaid Gamma-Upsilon, Delta-Nu, Rho-Delta, Rho-Epsilon, etc., and your own chapter's Pi-Iota, are always hyphenated.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stufield View Post
Incidentally, as a Kappa Sig, you should know that in Kappa Sigma, two Greek letter chapter designations, such as the aforesaid Gamma-Upsilon, Delta-Nu, Rho-Delta, Rho-Epsilon, etc., and your own chapter's Pi-Iota, are always hyphenated.
Just out of curiousity, why is that? (If you can spill)
Old 04-10-2010, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Just out of curiousity, why is that? (If you can spill)
I've wondered, too. If I'm not mistaken (someone let me know if I am), the other Charlottesville-founded fraternity -- Pi Kappa Alpha -- does the same thing.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

The UNO colony was chartered over the April 24-25, 2010 weekend as the Rho-Theta Chapter.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Rho-Theta Chapter is alive and well. We are pledging in our first class tomorrow. This pledge class includes our first legacy who is third generation ( father and grandfather are Kappa Sigma from the Sigma Chapter at Tulane). Both his father and grandfather will be in attendance to pin him. We are all excited.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

ClayK:

Thanks for the report.

It would be interesting and informative to learn more about Rho-Theta Chapter. What are the chapter's membership numbers ... i.e., how many actives and how many pledges? What other fraternities are at UNO, and how do Rho-Theta's numbers compare with those of the other chapters?