GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Delta Tau
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,186
1 members and 2,185 guests
No Members online

Old 03-12-2012, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
Ooooo...classy!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-13-2012, 05:34 AM
GreekChat Member

It's not like most of the people who get tattoo regret later. I think it's a coincidence that you met most of those who regretted later. Yes.....there is one where people may regret later, when they get tattoos of names of their girlfriend or boyfriend.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

A lot of the threads discussing tattoos and letters is all in relation to getting your letters tattooed do's and don'ts. How do chapters feel about women with visible non-offensive tattoos (i.e. arms or legs) when they wear their letters and the tattoos show? For example, if someone had tattoos on their arms and wore their sorority shirt/jewelry/tank/etc. in which their tattoos were clearly visible, are there concerns with this on the collegiate or alumni level? Just curious since I can only find discussions about getting letters tattoo'd.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

My sorority doesn't necessarily prohibit tattoos, but from my knowledge whenever a sister gets letters inked, it's kept pretty hush-hush. I design tattoos on commission, and a few of my sisters have come to me asking to make their own special letter designs. My policy is that I won't design anything with letters or the sorority name in it; instead, I recommend a symbol, like a sorority flower or animal in a tribal style. It's still personal and has meaning, but you don't have to worry about any disgruntled backlash.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

The only girl I know who got her letters tattooed on her (not from my organization) ended up getting kicked out of her organization about a month after getting the tattoo for an incident that occured on campus. She is now faced with getting her tattoo covered up, cause she is no longer an XYZ and can no longer have their letters on her body.

HOWEVER, several of my sisters are tattooed. Several hold leadership in our chapter. I don't think it's 'trashy' to have tattoo's, unless they're 'trashy' tattoos.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I know a few sorority women from different organizations who have gotten tiny tattoos of their letters on their ankles. I do not see that as a big deal. However, I do believe that the huge ones and tramp stamps are just...not in good taste.