GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,219
1 members and 2,218 guests
LaneSig

Old 12-28-1999, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Party Themes for Sorority/Fraternity Mixers/Switches

I am the Social Chair for our new chapter of a national sorority on our campus. I was just wondering if anyone could share any ideas of themes that have worked really well in the past and were really fun and enjoyable for both the single fraternity and single sorority involved with co-hosting the event. I appreciate any comments, recommendations, and suggestions of new and exciting themes that are really creative and individual!!I also would like to hear about ones that have worked really well for past mixers/switches, too. Thanks a lot!!

------------------
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-05-2000, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Many of the fraternities and sororities have these mixers:

graffiti-where everyone brings a marker and wears white shirts and writes on each oth

kegs and eggs-wear pj's to mixer and stay all night until you cook breakfast

cops and robbers-pick partners-handcuffed all night

70's or 80's-dress up like that time and play that music

rave-like you are at a club

bros and hos-girls dress like sluts and guys dress like pimps

my favorite-catholic school-girls dress like catholic school girl-plaid skirt and all...boys in shirts and ties..get a partner...one person is hall monitor and gives out detentions...one person is principal and you get sent to office if get detention...if get detention...punishment is to take whatever shot principal gives you...fun

email me if you want more info
racquel98@hotmail.com

Old 02-01-2000, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

We had a White-Trash-Bash, and it made for a fun time, the name is pretty self explainitory, just dress white trash, and take it from there.
Old 03-15-2000, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to lizzie3d
I've gotta go with the white t-shirt party on this one. Everyone wears a plain white t-shirt that they don't care about anymore and they bring a marker. Write whatever you want on whoever you want and by the end of the night you wouldn't believe how many people you've met, and you have proof of it the next day. The t-shirts make great souveniers, too...
Liz
Delta Delta Delta
Theta Sigma
Old 04-09-2000, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Here are some of the parties we've had:

Buffett Bash -- Jimmy Buffett/Beach theme

$5 Prom -- no more than $5 on an outfit or $5 on food (the goal is to get something from Goodwill, snaz it up with cheap jewlery and go to McDonalds w/ a party afterwards)works best as a team effort with a fraternity

Draft-A-Date/Crush Party -- every girl secretly invites 2 guys and then tells them at the end of the party

Crysti
Alpha Sigma Tau

[This message has been edited by Crysti_AST (edited April 09, 2000).]
Old 04-11-2000, 03:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Abercrombie
Cool

Several Good Themes:
60's
70's
80's
disco
club
pajama
pimps and hoes
mardi gras
alcoholics party - everyone gets a "hello my name is ________" sticker and writes a name on it
Luau- hawaiin shirts, bikinis, grass skirts and drinks served out of coconuts
Old 05-23-2000, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

ok, so I have only actually been to one mixer that has a theme, seeing as I am still pretty new and I had track meets every weekend so I missed out. but here are some I heard of

what would you do for money-some frat guys had fake money (you dont know which ones) and you see what you would do for money. ie- go kiss him and I will give you a hundred bucks. at the end of the night, the one with the most money wins a prize (in our case there was no prize, we were just told there was!)

catholic school girls and dirty professors- I heard this one was fun. girls dress up like catholic school girls and guys dress up like dirty professors- i am not sure I want to know what happened

rags to riches- you dress up in rags or riches and at first you sit outside and drink cheap beer. you cant go inside till the cheap keg is done. then you go inside and have the expensive beer/wine/etc

Old 05-25-2000, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

here are some ideas that my sorority adn others have done in the past that are a lot of fun

Draft-a-date: you send out invites to the guys and as the party wears on they have to find out who invited them, At a bar or club in camo this can be a lot of fun.

Graffiti Party: This one is great because everyone wears a white shirt or one they don't care about adn as each person arrives they get a permenant marker. Later on in the evening everyone just writes whatever all over each others shirts and by the end you have a great souvinier.

paint-your-date: Is pretty much how it sounds,it's messy but great fun for everyone.
Old 06-05-2000, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Tie Social... all the guys put one of their ties in a box (bag, etc.) and as each girl walks in she picks a tie out of box . the girl then walks around introducing herself to the guy by asking if the tie belongs to them (great icebreaker!) and if does not they move on but if the tie belongs to the guy the two of the use the tie like handcuffs and stay tied together (optional, some of our sisters just chatted with their "tie partner") this was a lot of fun... the making money social is also a great idea!
Old 06-23-2000, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey this was our most succesful mixer until it got tired. It is called the "wheel of death" you make a wheel and put things on it such as boat race, a round of shots, slam a beer, funnel. well you also divide the people into teams and give them colored stickers so when you spin the wheel if lands on your color your team challenges another team to a boat race or something else, with these you get a chance to be original.
Happy Drinking
La21
Old 06-23-2000, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

1. beach party--held during the first week of school, w/ slip & slides, decorations, etc.

2. redneck ball--dress in gritty/nascar themed clothes, the sorority girls get boone's to drink, have a bluegrass band

3. playboy mansion or pimps & hos--a dj party w/ costumes

4. italian wedding (see previous posts)

5. mardi gras--get lots of beads, an ice luge is fun

5. tropical or margaritaville--wear tacky tropical shirts, serve fruity frozen drinks.

6. catholic schoolgirls & dirty old men--good for st. pat's day, serve green drinks like beer & grain

7. cinco de mayo--mexican theme, serve corona

8. angels & devils--a costume mixer

9. caveman

10. jungle

11. "headbanger's ball"--black leather/chains type costumes
Old 06-29-2000, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

sticker social--frat and sorority both get sets of stickers, both have different meanings and the others don't know what they mean...use things such as cutest, funniest...put the stickers on each other through the night and at the end reveal what each groups stickers mean.
Old 07-26-2000, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally Try a GILLIGAN'S ISLAND party where everyone comes dressed as their favorite character.The band "Gilligan Loves MaryAnn" provides the music and everyone has a good time. Check them out at www.gilliganmusic.com
Old 07-26-2000, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

a neat twist on the graffiti party that i've done is a blacklight party. it's the same premise only done with blacklight-responsive highlighters and blacklights all over the room. by the end of the night, people have phrases written up thier arms, on thier faces and everyone's glowing...it's really awesome!

another theme i've been to is a safe sex party. on the walls of the apartment, the fraternity staped condoms in the shape of thier letters which were free to take. all the songs that night were revolved around sex and there were drinks like "blowjob" shots, sex on the beach, buttery nipple...you get the idea...

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Old 08-02-2000, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

these are awesome social ideas! but i have a few too that you might find fun:

"knights and ladies"
guys and girls get matched up and make 2 circles, inner and outer. girls on inside, guys on outside facing each other. girls walk counter clockwise, and guys walk clockwise...then there is someone who calls out the "poistions"..ha ha ha.
positions = knights and ladies-guys on one knee and girl sits on leg. reverse knights and ladies-girl on one knee and guy sits on leg. horsemen-guys on all fours and girl on top like riding horse. (and my favorite) reverse horsemen-girls on all fours and guys on top! you do this until there is one team left, they get a prize of some sort. last team each time to get into position is out. this is an awesome rush tool too!

email me if you have any other questions..i know you all will enjoy this!! ciao!