GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 898
0 members and 898 guests
No Members online

Old 05-01-2003, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to give bad news, but

NoworNever, after reading that letter I clearly know that is a padded letter.... I showed the GC website to my husband, who works in the correctional institution as a lawyer,,, He immediately told me that many of the inmates circulate the different letters they received and have already bogus letters written, this letter definitely sounds like the typical bogus letters that the inmates copy from each other or out of books...

My husband pointed out that this letter is not very credible because the inmate is not connecting on a personal level, he is only saying the things that sounds good to the ears, but nothing of real substance... The stuff Michael "supposely" wrote to you could have been sent to a 1000 other women... He starts the letter with :'Dearest', as opposed to a name, Michael did not mentioned anything specific about your letter, if he even still got the letter....

That is why, this Michael sounds so quick to find 'love' and connection with you, he probably does not have a connection with his family and looking for you and a thousand other women to send him some money or care packages...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-22-2003, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

The pic of LaFonz made me think of this thread

Did anyone else (besides NoworNever) ever hear back from their jail dude?
Old 10-23-2003, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

WAIT...HOLD UP

Ok y'all...my educated, intelligent Sisterfriends....I'm just catching this thread and haven't figured out WTF is going on here.

Please, y'all TELL ME...y'all aren't really sending/receiving letters from dudes in prison. I can't open the original link to the jaildudes website because the site is blocked here at the school where I teach.

So, like Jessica Simpson, I'm running a blank here. Fill a sista in.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Resurrection...

I thought of this thread because I just found out today that a co-worker of mine is taking off tomorrow to get married (with a JP) and she PROUDLY admits that she met her husband-to-be over the 'net while he was IN JAIL. !!!!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to treblk
Re: Resurrection...

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
I thought of this thread because I just found out today that a co-worker of mine is taking off tomorrow to get married (with a JP) and she PROUDLY admits that she met her husband-to-be over the 'net while he was IN JAIL. !!!!!!
is he STILL in Jail??
Old 06-23-2005, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
^^

I'm wondering if he's still in there, too!! I'm also wondering about what he did.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

We must all be on the same wavelength because I was just thinking about this thread the other day!!! I've been considering writing to one of the dudes, but I don't have time to carry on a pen pal relationship. And as crazy as folks are these days, I don't need a stalker when/if he gets released.

Anyone still talking to their jail dude/babe? Anyone ready to kick up another writing campaign?
Old 06-24-2005, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
@ this thread! Being a former social worker in a prison, I will just tell you all to be careful, because these guys can get very attached to anyone that is there for them. A lot of them are left behind by their family and friends, so they will cling to someone who takes the time to pay attention to them, and get VERY hurt when someone leaves them. I've had hard core gangsters crying in my office talking to their girlfriends on the phone. While I don't think there's anything wrong with being there for someone incarcerated, just be careful for yourselves because they can kick some GOOD game in there!

It's a jungle out there.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Why would anyone want to talk to a man in jail. He ain't got no money. Oh maybe it's the love. HA! I guess.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

WOW@this thread!!!

Double wow@people writing inmates